Randolph Pleads Not Guilty

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Trail_Blazer76, Jan 1, 2004.

1. Trail_Blazer76

Trail_Blazer76 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">An attorney for Trail Blazers forward Zach Randolph entered a not guilty plea to a charge of driving under the influence of intoxicants/controlled substance at Randolph's arraignment Tuesday at the Justice Center.

Randolph, with the Blazers for today's 1 p.m. game in Detroit, waived his appearance before Multnomah County Circuit Court Judge Clifford L. Freeman. Attorney Douglas Stringer appeared on his behalf and entered his plea.

Randolph was arrested Dec. 2 after police pulled over his Cadillac sport utility vehicle at Northeast Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard and Prescott Street for failure to drive within a lane. After pulling him over, police reported they smelled marijuana coming from the car.

Randolph initially was charged with DUII, failure to drive within a lane, having no Oregon driver's license and having no insurance.

The latter two charges were dropped Tuesday. No court date has been set for the remaining charges.</div>

Full Story

I suppose there's always a method to the madness, but why not just tell the truth? Athletes and celebs never fess up even when they are caught red-handed [​IMG] . What do you guys think about this? Think he'll get anything more severe than community service?

2. AllBoutDaPacers

AllBoutDaPacers JBB JustBBall Member

I think this is the beginning of a whole bunch of Blazers legal problems yet again. This is the beginning of another year of Blazer mediocrity. And yes, he will only get community service. The big question is which Blazer is next?

3. the MDE

the MDE JBB JustBBall Member

The Blazers will never be free from their legal curses until Rasheed is traded and players like Randolph and Stoudamire are either exported or hopefully they can calm down.

4. Ed!

Ed! JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting the MDE:</div><div class="quote_post">The Blazers will never be free from their legal curses until Rasheed is traded and players like Randolph and Stoudamire are either exported or hopefully they can calm down.</div>
    Then that will be no time soon, the Blazers are building their team around Zach Randolph.

5. Trail_Blazer76

Trail_Blazer76 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting the MDE:</div><div class="quote_post">The Blazers will never be free from their legal curses until Rasheed is traded and players like Randolph and Stoudamire are either exported or hopefully they can calm down.</div>

As ObieCent already said, the Blazers are building around Randolph. Mouse will be lucky if he plays with the Blazers after next season, but it is not because of his legal problems. People just dont regard him as a pg, he gets next to no respect as an NBA, and I think that notion is unwarranted.

As for Sheed, although all we have heard are rumors, we have heard enough of them to start believing that he will not be in Portland for long. I love the guy, and I hope he does well whereever he ends up. I would love to see him go to memphis.