Random Trade Rumours/Idea Thread

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Sarni, Oct 6, 2016.

1. Sarni

Sarni Well-Known Member

I believe it's my first thread on this forum so if this somehow goes against the rules, apologize.

This is for all rumours across the league, not just Blazers, but will obviously be mostly Portland focused.

IMO what we have to focus on is getting a third star to go with Dame and CJ. Would prefer this to be someone young who will still be around in 2-4 years when GSW are no longer the dream team they are now.

One rumour I saw a couple of days ago is us going for Brook Lopez, trading Plumlee and first round pick for him. Aside from the obvious flaw in this i.e. we don't have the cap space and salaries are not matching, I would really, really like Brook here. At 28 he has to get out of Brooklyn now, they are not winning anything anytime soon and will probably not get into playoffs before he's 35. We would probably have to part with Leonard and some more to get the salaries matching, and we still cannot do that for a couple of months, but it's worth consideration.

Another I saw was us getting Blake Griffin, sending Crabbe and Harkless to Clippers and Vonleh to Kings who then send Gay to Clippers. This obviously considers that Kings just want to get rid of Gay and don't care what they get in return, and IMO we would be overpaying for Griffin. I like him and he would fit in the system but Crabbe and Harkless are too valuable. Send them Leonard/Plumlee and Harkless OR Crabbe and it would look better. Alternatively gamble on both of them and send Leonard plus Aminu (I like him a lot though). Obvious disadvantage is Griffin contract ends next year and he will probably not re-sign so it makes it all a bit pointless.

Honestly, I would prefer to go for proper youth. Okafor I think will be available for a good price and if Stotts can teach him defence, we could have a legitimate third option there. Philly might not even ask for much in return considering the abundance of talent at center there. Then again our most dispensable assets are also big men, so we would likely have to involve a third team in this trade.

2. julius

julius Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator

singer songwriter
    HCP will say you can't, but there's no rules about it.

Sadly, I have nothing more to add to the conversation.

dviss1, Chris Craig, THE HCP and 2 others like this.
  3. BonesJones

BonesJones https://www.youtube.com/c/blazersuprise

Hers a list of bogus sites that report "NBA Rumors"
    - Mobile N Apps
    - Sportrageous
    - The Inquisitr
    - HNGN
    - Headline & Global News
    - News Everyday
    - Christian Post

I will update this in the future

Darkwebs likes this.
  4. SlyPokerDog

SlyPokerDog Woof! Staff Member Administrator

LaMarcus Aldridge will be traded to one of the 9 NBA teams that currently has a GM that has worked with Pops.

5. Fez Hammersticks

Fez Hammersticks スーパーバッド Zero Cool

Phone Psychic
    Neil tried for two years to land a big who can score on the block - Monroe and Kanter.

My gut feeling tells me that he'll push for Jahlil Okafor by the deadline.

....or DMC.

6. MickZagger

MickZagger Well-Known Member

UPS
    Aminu for Olynyk.

7. Sarni

Sarni Well-Known Member

At which point 76ers will be basically shopping him for a good price. Boston prefered to get Jaylen Brown who was projected lower than 3rd than give away their pick for Okafor or Noel, it was really strange because Sixers could then take Dunn and both teams would be better off currently.

I would probably let Plumlee go for him. I don't think we will have space to resign Plum at the end of season anyway. Then again why would Philly need another big.

8. Haakzilla

Haakzilla Well-Known Member

SEOWebDesignLLC.com
    ...no trades needed, that cake is almost done baking!

9. Sarni

Sarni Well-Known Member

Yep, very much looking forward to the season. The roster is deep and has huge upside. Imagine if Crabbe, Harkless and Leonard do make the leap in quality this season or any of them goes to borderline All-Star level like CJ last season!

We could make a trade to reduce salary bill if we are to re-sign Plumlee next year, or just trade Plumlee to get someone in return. Okafor would give us another dimension, we don't really have an inside scoring big.

Haakzilla likes this.
  10. BonesJones

BonesJones https://www.youtube.com/c/blazersuprise

If Chris Bosh can pass a physical he'd be an interesting option to look at.

If Harkless or Leonard falls out of the rotation and/or sucks it up all season, I would look at swapping one of them and maybe a pick (Probably not) for Jrue Holiday or Tyreke Evans.

11. Sinobas

Sinobas Banned User BANNED

Hi Sarni the deer =)

I'd definitely want Lopez. But don't know about Griffin. He seems to be on the decline of his career. I'd wait to see how this team does before pulling the trigger on a trade.

12. BlazerWookee

BlazerWookee UNTILT THE DAMN PINWHEEL!

Gear Finisher
    Now get your dickbeaters off of the eggbeaters so we can make frosting!

13. oldfisherman

oldfisherman Unicorn Wrangler

I do not believe the Blazers will make a trade before the draft. Let this season play out to see what we have, and what we need.

This is a deep team that can take an injury hit or two, and still do well in the playoffs.

The only reason I see the Blazers making a trade before the deadline is if they can trade a player for a good draft pick or three. The trade would need to help eliminate some, or all, of next season’s projected luxury tax.

I may adjust my theory due to changes in the new CBA.

Dougnsalem likes this.
  14. Wizard Mentor

Wizard Mentor Wizard Mentor

Master of Xen Foro
    Last year the blazers had a back court and a lot of very good players.
    This year the blazers have a back court and a LOT of very good players.

If there is an opportunity to get a 3rd VERY, very good player, they will probably do that. However, such opportunities are rare.

Eastoff, TBpup and BBert like this.
  15. THE HCP

THE HCP NorthEastPortland'sFinest

16. rotary111

rotary111 Well-Known Member

Real Estate.
    I love this team as it is right now.

If perhaps Meyers makes a big jump in his development, I could see Aminu or one of our small forwards and a big being used to go after a player and a draft pick. My guess is that NO is going to keep Plums and wants to pay him next year. IF that's true we will have to make room without hurting the team too badly. I would still love to see Sabonis here, but his dad was my favorite player in the NBA so there's that.

Zbo is said to be coming off the bench for Memphis, He could be interesting on our team. Scrappy scorer (defense?) and seems more mature than when he was here before.
    As some have mentioned Brook Lopez could probably be had for a combo of younger players....maybe?
    Chris Bosh???

Or just let it bake and see what happens. I really don't care either way. It's just more fun looking at all the possibilities.

In NO we trust.

17. oldfisherman

oldfisherman Unicorn Wrangler

Pure speculation trade idea, no rumor.

Dallas trades Wes Mathews straight up to the Bucks for Greg Monroe.

Dallas needs big help. The Bucks need a SG due to Middleton’s injury.

Both teams swap bad contracts of equal amounts.

18. Chris Craig

Chris Craig (Blazersland) I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

There were a lot of rumors about us going after Brook last season,which of course never materialized. Why I do think he would be a good fit here, his foot issues have me worried and it would cost far too much to get him. As well it wouldn't put us under the cap, which I believe will be something Neil looks for before he pulls the trigger on a move.

Blake is puke, I don't want him anywhere near the Blazers. Besides like you said Crabbe and Hark are an important part of our teams success.

I could see Neil going after Okafor. As for Shorts teaching him defense...well I don't think Shorts is teaching anyone defense.I

19. BigGameDamian

BigGameDamian Well-Known Member

Blake Griffin does some idiotic things from time to time but the guy is still one of the best post players in the game. The dude just scores! Something that the Blazers lack unless, Vonleh can become one of those guys.

20. Natebishop3

Natebishop3 Don't tread on me!

I'm hoping that Crabbe/Meyers can show enough to entice Sac into trading us Boogie.

Crabbe/Meyers/Vonleh for Boogie.

Dame
    CJ
    Harkless
    Boogie
    Plumlee

With Napier, Turner, Aminu, Davis, and Ezeli off the bench. That's my dream scenario.