Randy Moss: I'm greatest WR ever

Discussion in 'San Francisco 49ers' started by truebluefan, Jan 30, 2013.

?

Is Randy Moss the greatest WR ever?

Poll closed Mar 2, 2013.
  1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Randy Moss wasn't bashful Tuesday when asked about his place in football history, declaring himself the greatest receiver to play the game.

"Now that I'm older, I do think I'm the greatest receiver to ever do it," Moss said at Super Bowl media day in New Orleans.

Moss acknowledged that this season with the San Francisco 49ers "has been a down year for me statistically," as was his 2010 season before he retired for a year and his last season with the Oakland Raiders (2006) before his trade to the New England Patriots. He said, however, that he doesn't think statistics should determine greatness.

"I don't really live on numbers. I really live on impact and what you're able to do out on the field," he said Tuesday. "I really think I'm the greatest receiver to ever play this game."

Hall of Famer Jerry Rice, now an ESPN NFL analyst, holds all-time records with 1,549 receptions, 22,895 yards and 197 touchdown receptions.

Rice said Tuesday he was surprised by Moss' comments.

"I impacted the game by winning Super Bowls," Rice said. "... Randy is still trying to win his first one, and I wish him the best, but I was very surprised that he said he's the best receiver to ever play the game. I leave that up to my fans to make that statement."

Read more http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/201...wl-2013-randy-moss-says-greatest-wr-ever-play

2. speeds

speeds $2.50 highball, $1.50 beer Staff Member Administrator GFX Team

Dude would have to play at a high level for several more years to come close to Rice's records.

Moss is probably more talented but hard work beats talent when talent refuses to work hard.