Rangers-Boston game 2

Discussion in 'New York Rangers' started by mrmel29, Feb 28, 2021.

1. mrmel29

mrmel29 Well-Known Member

Boston starting the shit early

2. mrmel29

Bad goal by georgiev. Why Igor should be in there

3. mrmel29

Rangers not as physical against Boston today which is recipe for getting killed by Boston.

4. kreidertime

kreidertime Well-Known Member

It would help if fox would actually shoot the fucking puck

5. mrmel29

Good job standing a half foot in front of Igor smith. Geez!

6. mrmel29

Quinn needs to make a decision and get zib and his constant fanning on his useless 1 timer off the PP. strome is outplaying him and I’d rather see him out there till z man remembers who he is or was. Rangers not shooting or hitting which is a bad combo against the bruins. Time to get buch off pp and get Laf on it. As good as he is if he’s not gonna shoot fox is useless on the PP

7. NYR Fan

NYR Fan Well-Known Member

In no way was that a bad goal by Georgiev. Shot just under the cross bar. The play was made when they allowed Coyle to beat them to the spot. Bad D and gap coverage.

It's the same old story, oh the Rangers are losing let's nit-pick. Georgiev let's in a goal, it's a bad goal. Igor let's in a goal, not on him. While playing better, and the better goalie overall, Igor has let in more soft goals than Georgiev this year, and it's not close. He has also made a lot more difficult saves, hence he has started the majority of the games, and rightfully so. Higher ceiling and better goalie overall.

As for today, Boston is one of the best teams in the NHL for a reason. Had to know today would be a tough game to win given the Bruins past two games. After a fast start, the 1st was pretty even, the late goal changed that and now it is going to be tough to stay close today I think. No one has to get ripped for that though, sometimes you lose games and the other team deserves credit, they get paid also.

As for Ziban, candidly he needs to step up his game. With Panarin and Chytil and Kakko out you cannot bench Z right now. It's on him, not Quinn, not an assistant, on the vet Ziban himself to play better.

8. mrmel29

Chuck, it’s long past time for z man. When he starts playing better and actually doing something besides playing like a 3rd line center then give him the PP1 time. In the meantime give it to someone that is at least semi productive. Someone needs to give that fat prick Ritchie an asskicking. U listening lemieux.

9. kreidertime

Lafreniere definitely needs to pick up a step or two on the skating next year

10. kreidertime

If you look at at least six guys we are playing forward they are rejects You can’t win with idiots like that. Along with toughness drafting forwards they need to start drafting better skaters this team is slow especially with our role players.

11. kreidertime

If Quinn had any balls which he doesn’t I would scratch Zibanejad next game and play Barron. Zibanejad is fucking useless right now he can’t do anything

12. kreidertime

Hopefully Chytil Is back next game and zibanejad can be moved to the third line if not scratched

13. kreidertime

Again are dumb fuck coach puts Buchnevich on the power-play of socks instead of Lafreniere. I hate the way fox runs the PowerPlay

14. Stepupstepan

Stepupstepan Well-Known Member

What the hell was Lemieux doing all game? He decided to do something with 2 seconds left in the game.

15. NYR Fan

I don't disagree on Ziban, but it is darn hard to sit him when he impacts and plays in so many situations. And when you look at the players who are out hurt it becomes even more difficult. To me here is the bottom line, either he gets going or we are F'd anyway. That's the way it is. Go ahead and scratch him for a game or two, maybe that will work, but considering the big holes in the lineup right now that is tough. One way or another he has to get better.

And once again, the roster is run by Gorton not Quinn. He cannot play players who are not on the roster like Barron. If the GM wants to give more/new options like Barron and Reunanen, that's up to him.

Lemieux has always been a 4th line forward to me, but right now he has become borderline useless. As players come back over the next few games, Lemieux would be one of the first scratches I'd make. Grand scheme of things as a 4th line forward, not a major issue, but he just hasn't been the gritty pest he has been in past years.

Overall, today was what it was. Boston was due for a much better effort after their past 2 games, and they showed up big.

16. NYR Fan

BTW - Blackwell has been real good. 5 goals and 8 points in 11 games. Good bottom 6 add by Gorton.

17. Stepupstepan

Your boy Quinn keeps putting useless Lemieux on the second PP unit in place of Gauthier. Yes, that makes perfect sense. Even with a better roster, I feel the team coached by Quinn will always be up and down. Not sure what it is. It just does not feel right with him behind the bench.

18. Stepupstepan

Guys like Blackwell are dime a dozen. Good depth guy.

19. NYR Fan

I hate Lemieux on the 2nd PP and think that is a bad decision. Unlike you, and the non Ranger fan who whines about everything, I don't rip my coach and call for him to be fired for every single move I don't agree with.

Once again, Quinn has been a solid coach for this team. They absolutely overachieved last season. This year they have been inconsistent, which I would say shouldn't be a shocker as the youngest team in the NHL with no camp.

Overall what did you expect this year? This is a not a team ready for a SC run yet. At best maybe they would battle for 4th in a very good division, and even that was best case a stretch. We have over 12 mill of dead cap space this year, that in itself should tell you the team is short. Outside of 2 or 3 games they have played hard, but have come up short more often than one would like, again not surprising. So I just don't know what the whiners are really whining about? Did you expect this to be a lock playoff team battling for the division crown? If yes, that is way unfair, and shame on you.

To me if Gorton does what needs to do this off season to truly complete the team, we'll have just under 19 mill of money coming off the cap if we buy out DeAngelo, then the pressure goes up on Quinn next season. As I have said over and over again, I am not sure if Quinn is the right guy to lead this team when we are ready to win, hopefully next season, but I don't know if he isn't yet. If things go the way they should prior to next season, we should be able to answer that question next season. Until then he has done nothing to lose his job IMO. Doesn't mean he is perfect, no coach is, but he does not deserve to be fired.

20. panzerporter

panzerporter Well-Known Member

First goal by Coyle was a beautiful move under K'Andre's stick and then roofed opposite corner, hardly child's play definitely not soft. These Russian goaltenders need to learn that they will constantly be screened so they need to move with the puck and hug the post. It's good to have a capable backup like Georgiev. Last year Panarin, Mika and Strome had 229 points, at this point they're at 37. They are a statistical anomaly, the preseason odds of the 3 of them all tanking to this level would be incalculable. There is still much more to be positive about despite the constant lemon peddling.