Rangers close to signing Jones

Discussion in 'New York Rangers' started by kreidertime, Apr 12, 2021.

1. kreidertime

kreidertime Well-Known Member

#NYR

[​IMG]

do make a trade deadline addition: Rangers are close to signing 3rd-round pick Zac Jones out of UMass after winning the national title. Jones will report to Rangers, he’s burning the first year of his deal and #NYR

[​IMG]

expect him to be in lineup after quarantine.

Well, so much for my theory he'll never play an NHL game for the Rangers. There is no freakin way they can have Lundkvist, Fox and Jones making up half our defense. Smurf defenses don't win cups. Look at the d cores of cup winners. At most they have one player under 6 feet. Size matters on defense in the playoffs. Maybe they want him to play to further raise his value. Question is as a lefty, where the heck is he going to play? Even if Smith gets dealt.

2. mrmel29

mrmel29 Well-Known Member

My guess is they’ve seen Hajek and may want to see Jones to see what he does and also like you said to possibly enhance his trade value at the draft

3. kreidertime

kreidertime Well-Known Member

Yep. I think so. The Rangers are by far the best team in hockey drafting or trading for young defenseman and it's not close. Skinner is already doing well in the AHL. I've said many times. 95% of all GM's are morons with no vision or creativity. NHL GM's should be offering 1st and second rounders left and right to try and raid the Rangers for defenseman prospects that they don't have room for. Jones is worth a first rounder. Hajek easily a second rounder now. Reunanen a second rounder. Robertson and Schneider I don't see them moving. Skinner a second rounder. Some of those defenseman add in a prospect as well. I don't see them moving Lundkvist yet but I would want two number 1's and a good prospect.

I see the Rangers defense until they can move Trouba as this

Lindgren-Fox
    Miller-Trouba
    Robertson-Lundkvist

Then

Miller-Schneider
    Lindgren-Fox
    Robertson-Lundkvist