Rangers-devils

Discussion in 'New York Rangers' started by mrmel29, Sep 20, 2017.

1. mrmel29

mrmel29 Well-Known Member

2 periods done. Rangers up 3-2. Things that stand out. Gilmore should be cut between periods. Staal if its possible is even slower and is being out skated by guys that will be tending bar next week. Didn't see too much from anderson but he is playing with crap line mates. Chytil on the other hand WOW!! Can't believe this kid is only 18. Does something positive every time out there and doesn't look out of place playing between kreids and zucc. I know he's 18 and probably doesn't have a shot this year and I'd still like to see him in another game or 2 but this kid looks like he could play right now and will be a tremendous draft pick for us down the line. That horseshit face-off rule which results in penalty after penalty needs to be blown up.

2. Stepupstepan

Stepupstepan Well-Known Member

yeah, Chytil looks great. I am very impressed with him. I would not be surprised if we see him sometime in the second half this season.

3. cagedlion

cagedlion "I am the problem, and I am the solution."

Chytil looks super. Scores the OT PP goal. 18 years old. Will he stick this year?

4. Stepupstepan

LOL...Chytil with the winner and the celebration. Someone tell the kid it is a preseason game. Anyway, love this kid already.

5. Stepupstepan

Sometime in the second half but I could be wrong.

6. mrmel29

mrmel29 Well-Known Member

And surprisingly dickhead AV played him the whole game between kreids and zucc. Kid just turned 18 2 weeks ago. Wow. Steal of the draft!! This kid can PLAY

7. Stepupstepan

AV did not really have a choice as there was not much to choose from...hahaha Plus, Mika got sick before the game or something.

8. kreidertime

kreidertime Well-Known Member

Great thing about Andersson is that he can play on any line. It's perfectly fine for him to break on the 4th line. He's 18. It's not a big deal for him to get 4th line minutes, top PK minutes as an 18 year old rookie. He's going to be reliable defensively from day 1. Swedes are like that. Chytil was impressive. Rangers simply don't rush prospects. They never do which is why the players they have with high talent levels don't turn out to be busts. However, I don't think AV wants Miller at center. I never did. Not sure where they kids in Andersson and Chytil would play. I suspect it would be on their Euro teams. So, if they don't make the team, I don't know if you can get them here during the season. If that is the case, that would play into the decision making of the organization.

9. Stepupstepan

One of them will be definitely on the opening roster unless there is a trade for some established guy. They are so thin at center at the moment. I am not sold on Miller to be a top center.