Rangers-Flames

Discussion in 'New York Rangers' started by mrmel29, Nov 6, 2021.

1. mrmel29

mrmel29 Well-Known Member

Mckegg down thank god and reaves back in the lineup along with IGOR in the nets. Need a win tonight!

2. panzerporter

panzerporter Well-Known Member

Let's Go Rangers!

3. mrmel29

Our defense embarrassingly bad again. Igor keeping us in the game

4. Ranger71

Ranger71 Well-Known Member

Hey at least they massively upgraded the 'grit'!

5. Stepupstepan

Stepupstepan Well-Known Member

Blais with an early award for the biggest idiot of the game.

6. Greyvtrayn

Greyvtrayn Well-Known Member

And they are still in 2nd place!

7. Stepupstepan

Stepupstepan Well-Known Member

Pretty soon they will be in last place. Fighting the devils for the seventh spot in the division.

8. kreidertime

kreidertime Well-Known Member

I repeat this team sucks

9. mrmel29

So we cut down on a lot of skill to add a ton of grit. Haven’t seen it the last 2 days. Tinordi, who plays and skates like a dazed orangutang actually had a fight and got his ass best in. This team does not have nearly enough offense as constituted, is more horrendous on defense then ever and still doesn’t clear the griffin crease. We have plenty of young players in the pipeline. Package strome with a first and get another center in here. Make the god damn commitment already to Laf and kakko in terms of both ice time, line mates and PP time. This team will not make the. Playoffs without contributions from those 2 (KAKKO still doesn’t have a point) and kravtsov scoring. The 4th line is ok for the checkers and kickers but having guys like Goodrow and blais on the top 2 lines at the expense of the kids is ridiculous. I do t care if the kids play together on the third line bit give them 15 to 18 minutes a game to enable them to grow. They were the number 1 and 2 overall draft picks. Lundqvist is useless with this coach with no PP or OT. time. If that’s the deal send him down and bring Schneider and Jones back up here. Gallant seems in a coma behind the bench emotionless and strategyless. Very unimpressed with him so far despite the still over .500 record that is mainly to IGOR.

10. Greyvtrayn

Relaaaaaaaaxxxxxxxx. 2nd place in the division is 2nd place in the division. You can talk all you want about the lack of development of Laf and Kakko...the lack of offensive creativity...the lack of scoring depth...the lack of depth on defense...the questionable line combinations...that the Rangers may only have 2 or 3 victories were it not for Igor making multiple miraculous saves every game...that they've played more games than anyone in the division...that they've scored fewer goals per game than any team in the conference. The Rangers are still in 2nd place in the division. No need to complain or question the decisions made by Gallant and Drury.

11. Rangers94

Rangers94 Well-Known Member

Yea…2nd place in November. Remind me when they hand out playoff spots in November for how good you look. The rest of us see flaws in this team that should have been addressed and will only continue to cause this team to spiral downwards in the standings. You’re excited about the hot start, which is nice and all, but there’s GLARING weaknesses that will crush this team in the long run.

12. kreidertime

kreidertime Well-Known Member

LOL. Tinordi didn't get his ass beat in. That fight was nothing. Nobody did crap. I find it hilarious that Lundkvist is sat out after his best games. This coach is fucking clueless so far. Disappointing. I'm putting it on Drury first and foremost. Go get a fucking center for Lafreniere. Trade or release Hunt and get Barron up here. The team sucked on big draws again last night.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2021
  13. Ranger71

Ranger71 Well-Known Member

Drury definately seemed to have too much tunnel vision when he got the job.

NYR Fan likes this.
  14. panzerporter

panzerporter Well-Known Member

No show by the scoring lines again but I'm not surprised by the lack of offense - it's why I wanted Mika and Strome gone. Surprised by the lack of defense near the end of the game when the Flames piled on. Kakko and Laf aren't going to develop until they stop playing scared against teams like Calgary. They don't drive to the net and are barely noticeable when they're on ice.. I don't know that a punch was even landed in that fight, quite an exaggeration to call it a beatdown. Too many shots missed the net. Tough one against Florida coming up.

15. Greyvtrayn

I thought I laid the sarcasm on pretty thick but I guess not.

Ranger71 likes this.
  16. mrmel29

panze, if you don’t think a punch was landed I suggest you go back and relook at it as their was a bunch of punches thrown and landed