Rangers reduce roster Chytil stays and anderson back to sweden

Discussion in 'New York Rangers' started by mrmel29, Sep 28, 2017.

1. mrmel29

mrmel29 Well-Known Member

2. kreidertime

kreidertime Well-Known Member

Kampfer is a clown. Not surprised Graves isn't here. AV is a moron with his defenseman choices which is why he will be fired at the end of this season. Chytil instead of Andersson. Ehhhh. I think they probably want Andersson to concentrate on his offensive game this season. Chytil staying makes our draft look great so far. You know Andersson will be a good NHL player down the line. I've supported Staal for a long time. He stinks now. I think half way through the season Graves despite AV's pig headed nature will be up and Staal will be in the stands.

3. cagedlion

cagedlion "I am the problem, and I am the solution."

Not happy with Kampfer, Staal & Holden. Do not think these guys will be on team at season's end.

4. Ranger71

Ranger71 Well-Known Member

Somebody will probably willing to deal for Holden by January. I think DA and Pionk could both see time during the year depending on who plays well. Graves looked good during the preseason but I'm sure they want him playing every other night instead of being the spare here. Comes down to Staal blocking a spot as they can't do anything with him right now. No problems with Chytil staying for now and Andersson going back for a year. Carey could be a decent 4th line helper until Fast returns.

5. cagedlion

There are many concerns with this year's team. Who will take on the leadership roles of this team?
    Will new leaders emerge? Will comatose PP begin to show signs of improving? Chemistry, myth or real?
    Will team defense be a factor with this team's play? The goalies, the last line of defense, will they keep
    team in games? The head coach.......will he improve team's game or be a hindrance? With this team, there
    are more questions than answers. The road to the playoffs will be a bumpy one at best.

6. panzerporter

panzerporter Well-Known Member

I like that one of the two made the roster. I think Chytil has great offensive sense but the kid better keep his head up, toughest adjustment Euros need to make to the NHL game. Only two forwards on the roster shorter than 6'. AV's always loyal to vets so I can see Staal, not so much with Holden but Kampfer stunk two years ago and yet AV keeps him around, a puzzler. Even with Staal as the weak link, this is a top NHL defensive unit. Think Graves will be up sooner than later, don't think there's much demand for Holden now or he would be gone. Playoff success still hinges on Hank rebounding from last year's career worst season and playing like he does for team Sweden.

7. cagedlion

I really think the Rangers are going to miss Antii Raanta as Lundy’s backup. Unless the Rangers’ goalie
    coach is a miracle worker, Pavelec will be ordinary,