OT Rank NBA front offices

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Rastapopoulos, Nov 14, 2019.

1. Rastapopoulos

Rastapopoulos Well-Known Member

Ballin'
    Easier: just pick ones that you think are particularly good.

I'd have to say the Raptors are pretty amazing right now. They won a championship with a team with zero lottery picks on it. That's unbelievable. And they lost their MVP and haven't missed a beat so far this season. Siakam's stats are almost identical to Leonard's last season, and undrafted VanVleet is just dominating. Their skill at developing players is unrivaled.

The Heat have to be up there. Riley put together the first superteam assembled through free agency, but is equally adept at finding players that slip through the cracks. He got Whiteside for nothing and now he's got Nunn, and Herro, while a lottery pick, certainly wasn't supposed to be this good. Oh, and he drafted Josh Richardson in the second round. Plus the Heat have a "culture" that rivals the Spurs (and Riley found Spoelstra and trusted him with the Heatles).

Utah is persistently good, although they have whiffed on their highest pick (Dante Exum). But getting Gobert where they did, turning Joe Ingles into a great contributor, and while the trades they pulled off this Summer haven't yet looked like amazing home runs, I bet they're going to turn into a juggernaut as the season progresses.

Much as I hate them, you have to admire Dallas. If nothing else, they did what was necessary to get Doncic, who is going to be the best international player since Hakeem Olajuwon at least.

And then right at the bottom would be the Knicks. (No wonder they're trying to get Masai from the Raptors.) Not far above them are the Kings.

Where are we? About the middle of the pack.

TorturedBlazerFan likes this.
  2. Rastapopoulos

Ballin'
    It's funny that perennial leaders like Golden State and OKC aren't looking so hot right now.

3. Carmelo Anthony

Carmelo Anthony 10-time All-Star

Retiree
    Any front office that signs me goes straight to the top.

hoopsjock and SlyPokerDog like this.
  4. TorturedBlazerFan

TorturedBlazerFan Well-Known Member

Baby Daddy
    SAS, OKC, GS, LAC, TOR, DAL, MIL, PHI... Hmm

5. Rastapopoulos

Ballin'