Ravens picks

Discussion in 'AFC North' started by chang, Apr 29, 2006.

1. chang

chang NFLC nflcentral.net Member

12. Haloti Ngata, DT, Haloti Ngata56. Chris Chester, C, Oklahoma87. Daniel Pittman, CB, Northwestern State111. Demetrius Williams, WR, Oregon132. P.J. Daniels Jr., RB, Georgia Tech146. Dawan Lowry, S, Georgia Tech166. Quinn Sypniewski, TE, Colorado203. Sam Koch, P, Nebraska208. Derrick Martin, CB, Wyoming219. Ryan LaCasse, DE, SyracuseI don't think it was worth a 6th (Tom Brady went in the 6th....) to get Ngata instead of Bunkley but if Ray Lewis is happy... it's worth it I guess.I like the Chester pick but I prefered Youboty or Winston. Chester is a nice C that could fill in for Flynn pretty soon.Pittman isn't a bad pick I guess. Dunno much about him. Thought we should have taken Omar Jacobs and gotten Pittman or Charles Gordon of Kansas or Gerrick McPhearson of Maryland in round 4.

2. Uptown

Uptown NFLC nflcentral.net Member

I'm happy with it. Hopefully are linebackers could go wild this year.

3. UhOh315

UhOh315 NFLC nflcentral.net Member

damnit why not Ko Simpson here?

4. Uptown

I didn't know much about David Pittman so I looked him up. Here's his bio. Height: 5-11 1/4 | Weight: 182 | 40-Time: 4.44Strengths:Very fast and quick...A good athlete with fluid hips...Has good ball skills and instincts...Will come away with some interceptions...Does a nice job in man coverage...Tough guy who is very physical despite his lack of bulk...Was very productive and highly decorated at his level of play...Still has a lot of upside.Weaknesses:Undersized and has a slight frame...Needs to hit the weights and get stronger...Did not play against elite competition...A little too aggressive at times...Durability might be a concern...Raw and will need to be worked with.Notes:Also a great special teams player...Head coach Scott Stoker says he's as good a cover guy as he's been around and that includes Terrence McGee...One of the top sleeper prospects in the entire draft and has some physical tools to develop.

5. chang

Overall, first day brought some interesting talent.Ngata should step in immediately this season. I think Kemoeatu and Ngata would have beeen like Adams and Siragusa. But Ngata and Gregg/Bannan should be interesting. Goal line defense should be solid.Chester is kind of a project. In 2-3 seasons, I think he'll be able to replace Flynn.I think if Pittman works hard enough, he'll be able to be the nickel back at least for the rest of his career.Ko Simpson might fall to us in the 4th round... Darnell Bing could still be there... However, I hope we take OMAR JACOBS. That guy will be beast in the NFL.

6. AdropOFvenom

AdropOFvenom BBW Member

First 2 picks are really good. I didnt think youd end up with Ngata but its a good think you did. The third pick im not so sure on. Not too familiar with the guy.

7. Uptown

Right now, in the 4th round I'm hoping we either get Omar Jacobs,Ko Simpson, or Darnell Bing. I would be happy with either pick.

8. UhOh315

Demetrius Williams is not a bad pick at all. One of the most underrated WR in the Draft. I'm very content with this pick and when Mason retires in a few years Clayton and Williams will be a nasty duo, sorta like Bolden and Fitzgerald.

9. chang

If we don't take Omar Jacobs if he's available next pick, I hope we fire Newsome! :)Williams isn't a shabby pick. Coulda moved up for Simpson or Bing.

10. UhOh315

Jacobs to Ravens pick 132!WHY DANIELS?!

11. chang

I don't see Jacobs falling to 145... St. Louis will probably grab him... oh wellDaniels was a terrible pick.His scouting report:Pros: A powerfully built runner who gains huge amounts of yardage after contact. His fine lower body strength allows him to run through tacklers and consistently move the chains. He has fine natural running skills, making defenders miss consistently, and can put several moves together with nice lateral quickness. He runs mainly in a north-south style and gets to the second level often with adequate speed.Cons: He could rank higher, but his lack of durability has been a serious concern. He also needs to show more development as a receiver and blocker to be ready for more than backup duty. Lacks the breakaway speed to hit the long gainer regularly, which keeps him from the upper echelon of runners. His lack of return skills further limits his draft status.Numbers: As a senior, he rushed for 930 yards on 198 carries for a 4.7 yards-per-carry average with 3 TDs and 21 receptions for 174 yards and 1 TD. At the combine, he ran a poor 4.61 time with a 33-inch vertical jump and a 9-foot, 8–inch broad jump. He did 21 reps in the lifting.WE HAVE 3 POWER BACKS YOU DOLT!!!!!!!!!!!IF YOU DON'T TAKE JACOBS, TAKE O'CALLAGHENmy god this draft i would give them a C+ so far.

12. UhOh315

WTF is Ozzie doing this year? The only pick I've liked so far was Haloti and he traded up for him. Why not Simpson or Youboty over some idiot from Nwestern State? Jeez!

13. chang

Youboty was already gone but Simpson definately would have been nice. Instead we got... S Dawan Lowry. Ehhh... definately would have preferred Simpson. i think Baltimore is being stupid and prioritizing character over talent this late in the draftWTF IS UP WITH SELECTING 2 PLAYERS FROM THE SAME COLLEGE?!?!?!Greg Blue that went 2 picks after Lowry was the better pick in my mind. I am really disappointed how this draft is going.

14. NFLCMS2

NFLCMS2 NFLC nflcentral.net Member

Ngata was picked because they wanted to get a big hole filler to make Ray Lewis happy so he can do what he does best.

15. chang

I looked on the remaining safeties and 2nd team All-Pac 10 safety Scott Ware was still on the board. He's a hard hitter. The Ravens went for interceptions but passed on the best INT FS in Gabriel Fulbright from New Mexico.Another 12 picks that I hope Omar Jacobs will drop to or even Reggie McNeal.

16. AdropOFvenom

AdropOFvenom BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (chang @ Apr 30 2006, 09:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I looked on the remaining safeties and 2nd team All-Pac 10 safety Scott Ware was still on the board. He's a hard hitter. The Ravens went for interceptions but passed on the best INT FS in Gabriel Fulbright from New Mexico.Another 12 picks that I hope Omar Jacobs will drop to or even Reggie McNeal.</div>2nd team All-Pac 10 in Defense isnt really impressive. The Pac-10 is by far one of the weakest conferences defensively.

17. UhOh315

I think we will go with OT, Zack Strief with the next pick at 166

18. chang

We really need to snatch up Omar Jacobs or Reggie McNeal with this pick here.If Boller really does end up being a bust 2-3 years down the road, we'll need a young QB that can step in and produce. St Pierre isn't the answer and neither is McNair in the long term.DAMN AND THERE GOES JACOBS TO PITT!!!!!! What a steal for the Steelers... I'm really hating this draft lol

19. UhOh315

So we draft the 2nd string TE out of Coloroda!?!? This is terrible

20. AdropOFvenom

AdropOFvenom BBW Member

Is Bruce Gradkowski still on the board? Because I think he has some potential to be a really good QB.