Ray Allen: Very Available-Coming back to Milw??

Discussion in 'Milwaukee Bucks' started by milwaukeebucks#1, Jun 26, 2004.

1. milwaukeebucks#1

milwaukeebucks#1 JBB JustBBall Member

RealGM.com is reporting this....

Ray Allen continues to be a piece the Seattle Supersonics appear keen to move. They are reportedly speaking with Portland about Shareef Abdur-Rahim, but eventually retreated, and they have also spoke with the Bucks about returning him to Milwaukee for Michael Redd, which would be an absolute steal for the Supersonics.

i would be very pissed off if this trade happend. :thumbsdow

2. Milweskee

Milweskee JBB JustBBall Member

I heard about this. It's a terrible trade and it won't happen. The Bucks organization loves Redd, and Redd loves the Bucks. The fans love Redd, Redd loves the fans. There's no way this trade happens. There's nothing else that Seattle has that we would want either. Unless they took KVH and Redd, and gave us Rashard Lewis, Ray Allen, Ronald Murray and a future draft pick. Then I would think about it.

3. M Two One

M Two One Halló Veröld!

Student
    I've been a big fan of Redd since his college days. I always thought he'd go high in the draft and many doubted him. Now look where he's at. I don't think the Bucks will trade for Ray Allen, if they did it would be a huge mistake. IMO, Redd is bigger talent.

4. og15

og15 JBB *********

This would be very stupid for the Bucks to make this deal

Redd is a younger Allen with better defense, he doesn't have the passing ability, but has everything else and a little more in some areas, no way.

5. Sir Desmond

Sir Desmond JBB Stig!

No way Milwaukee do this, and this is from a Sonics man. Redd is younger, healthier and a cult figure in Milwaukee. While I think it's fair to say Ray is the more talented player, he is also 28, slightly injury prone and has made a habit of being outspoken in the last season, not always in the team's best interest. I love the guy, but if I was offered Redd I would take it in a second. Milwaukee don't do this deal though, no chance.

6. Fletcher

Fletcher JBB JustBBall Member

They made the playoffs this year and lost in the 1st round only because they were playing the champs! No way the Bucks do this.

7. MaxBallin

MaxBallin JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Milweskee:</div><div class="quote_post">There's no way this trade happens. There's nothing else that Seattle has that we would want either. Unless they took KVH and Redd, and gave us Rashard Lewis, Ray Allen, Ronald Murray and a future draft pick. Then I would think about it.</div>

You're an idiot.

8. jbbSkip

jbbSkip JBB JustBBall Member

Yea Redd is a better player than Allen right now, much younger, and he simply has world of talent and potential, there's so much room for him to improve and grow as a player. No way this is gonna happen. Plus I'd like Redd to stay a Buck, he's the franchise player up there.

9. Smoke

Smoke JBB JustBBall Member

i believe this is a horrible propostition. redd has to much potential to throw away on a star that they have already had.

10. gmanspack

gmanspack JBB JustBBall Member

This won't happen, and I hope to god it doesn't. As much as I love Ray, Redd is younger, cheaper, less injury prone (yet).

Salaries wouldn't match anyways, KVH would have to be involved.

11. bangofan13

bangofan13 JBB JustBBall Member

cool

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Fletcher:</div><div class="quote_post">They made the playoffs this year and lost in the 1st round only because they were playing the champs! No way the Bucks do this.</div>
    2 things i like how you like everyteam but the lakers. Im bucks all the way. I also like the strongbad quote!

12. bangofan13

bangofan13 JBB JustBBall Member

IF THEY MAKE THIS TRADE wow what a mistake. I think the bucks should try to sign skinner and trade him though.