RB draft

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Cowboy71, Mar 10, 2004.

1. Cowboy71

Cowboy71 Dallas Cowboys *********

Everyone seems to think that the top 2 RBs in the draft are Stephen Jackson (Oregon St) and Kevin Jones (Virginia Tech). In all the mock drafts you read, these two have been picked up at various places in the top 21 picks.

However, now teams that had a "need" here have filled that void via free agency. Washington, Tampa Bay, Pittsburgh, Chicago...

Do you guys think that both of these guys drop out of the top 20? I see New England picking one up at #21. I am curious whether the other will drop to Dallas at #22.

I guess one of the teams that filled a spot with free agency could still draft for the future, but based on what they each paid for their FA, it seems unlikely that they will draft another RB at the top of the first round.

What do you guys think?

2. Giantsfan1

Giantsfan1 Thread Killer

my honest opinion is that Clarrettt in 2 or 3 years will be beter but.............. I dont own a NFL team SO!!!!!! I agree with what ur sayin but Garner has always had a good3rd down back i wonder if they might draft clarett

3. Steelerfan_2005

Steelerfan_2005 The Peacekeeper XL

I think you might be right Cowboy. I have a hard time seeing the Steelers going after Jackson or Jones at this point. I think both running backs could trickle down to late first round. The Pats and Cowboys could pluck those guys right off the board. Should make for an interesting draft.

4. Giantsfan1

Giantsfan1 Thread Killer

Im talkin about Tampa Bay in case no one caught that

5. Pats37

Pats37 The Next Big Thing

I hope they trickle down. I would love to see S. Jackson at 21! But don't forget denever will be picking a running back now. Whether they go with one in the first remains to be seen, But I'm sure they will be thinking Kevin Jones if he is there when they pick. He has that breakaway speed they lost in portis.

6. Thoth

Thoth Sisyphus in training

The only thing that concerns me is; Now that Pittsburgh has signed Staley, Philip Rivers might be off the board by the time the Dolphins draft. That would suck. Lose Feidler and draft Rivers. I'd even settle for Jay becoming Flotsam & jotsam once T. Couch is set free.

Is there any truth to the rumor that New England will send both their 1st rounders to the Lions for what I believe is the #6 overall pick?

7. TheBeef

TheBeef Commish of FUN!

I dont think the Dolphins will draft Rivers even if he is available....Jason Cole, the Miami Herald beat writer is saying the focus is entirly on WR and O-Line....

8. Pats37

Pats37 The Next Big Thing

I heard that rumor as well BA but I'm curious as to who we would take there? I assume they would be going Sean Taylor since it would be too early to draft either jackson or jones in my eyes, But I doubt there is any truth to it. they never seem to do anything people expect come draft day.