REALITY OF THE SITUATION

Discussion in 'New York Giants' started by Messiah717, Sep 22, 2013.

1. Messiah717

Messiah717 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

The Giants lost in week 15 last year 34-0 to Atlanta. Just the third game in this season they drop one to Carolina 38-0. Two different seasons but the Giants have been blanked twice in their last six regular season games. They're also 3-8 in their last 11 games dating back to last season.

2. vette322

vette322 Member

It just shows that ignoring the problems of last year and not addressing them this past off-season doesn't change anything. This nonsense that guys like Tuck, Snee, Webster, and Diehl were going to 'come back strong' was only miguided blindness. Those guys showed they were done, yet the Giants tried to spin it another way. Anyone who watched the Giants end last season (forget the win against the Eagles in the last game - that was against a team that fired their coach an hour after it ended) knows that those losses to the Ravens and Falcons really showed how stale, broken, and problematic this team was.

3. Messiah717

Messiah717 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

To think it all started with that miserable loss to the Steelers after the hurricane last year. I just can't believe it has been this long and there's still not an impact corner of linebacker on this club.

4. vette322

vette322 Member

Yea - that's when it all started, and the Giants had a 10 point 2nd half lead in that game too. Just like Cashman completely ignored Catcher, a SS (knowing Jeter would not be ready) and a RH bat this past off-season (even though those were 2 glaring holes with this team) from last season - Reese did the same thing with LB, RB, and the OL. It just shows when GM's don't do their jobs and address problem areas - thinking things somehow correct themselves is just stupidity.

5. cagedlion

cagedlion "I am the problem, and I am the solution."

G-men management has kept too much 'dead wood' on the roster list.
    When I saw their opening day roster, my gut feeling was .500 season.
    Add the injuries and lack of depth....WHAM! BAM! THANK YOU MAN!....a bad team.
    What were they thinking? Really.