Redd is an All Star!

Discussion in 'Milwaukee Bucks' started by Big Zee, Feb 3, 2004.

1. Big Zee

Big Zee JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">A Noon press conference is scheduled in Milwaukee to announce that Michael Redd, the 6'6" star shooting guard for the Milwaukee Bucks, has made his first All-Star team.

A source inside the organization reported that Redd, who is averaging 22.1 ppg, will be among the seven Eastern Conference reserves announced later today.</div>

http://www.hoopsworld.com/article_7074.shtml

Good news for the Bucks -- they really deserve an All Star. :thumbsup:

2. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

I hope thats true,Redd certainly deserves to be on the team.He has had a great season while leading the Bucks to a top 5 seed.

3. Mamba

Mamba The King is Back Staff Member Global Moderator

Well he made it...He has had an outstanding season, and things are only up hill for him now.

4. Emo

Emo Active Member

Congrats to Michael Redd. Just by looking at his stats, he truly deserves the honor.

5. Rave

Rave JBB JustBBall Member

I was hoping he'd make it. Man is he ever good. He'll be able to show just why he is in the NBA. Pitting his offensive talent against a great huge bulk of the NBA's finest. I'm sad that Dirk made it though, I would've much rather had Randolph and Brand.

6. Milweskee

Milweskee JBB JustBBall Member

Well, I guess analysts won't be able to say the Bucks are a team that win without all-star players. Now we have one, and I have a good reason to watch the All-Star game this year.

7. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

I know Bucks fans have been waiting to see Redd v Allen since the trade last season.Now they finally will.

8. BuckFanatic22

BuckFanatic22 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting AllNet:</div><div class="quote_post">I know Bucks fans have been waiting to see Redd v Allen since the trade last season.Now they finally will.</div>

geeze, good point, never even thought about that, what crossed my mind though is Cassell and Allen reuniting again, it will be a fun and interesting all star game.

But congrats to Michael Redd, I am so pumped right now, can't wait till the all star game and the bucks next home game! the seats better be FILLED to see Redd and to hear him be announced as an All Star. go bucks!

9. jbbKing James

jbbKing James JBB Banned Member

I know somewhere Michael Holley is very happy [​IMG]

10. CANT STOP ME

CANT STOP ME JBB Probationary User

im glad to see Redd make the team, next year i wont be surprised to see him start

11. Ice

Ice JBB Member

Thats great news for him, he's been the key in the Buck's success thus far.

This has been a good month for him; he's player of the month, named to the All Star game, and has the Bucks sitting pretty in the eastern conference.

He definitely deserved this spot as a reserve. :thumbsup:

12. Buckets

Buckets JBB JustBBall Member

Redd deserved it hes the one carrying the team, and hes been playing so awesome man is he good, I think he should have been a starter not a reserve.

13. Ice

Ice JBB Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting L.Sooch:</div><div class="quote_post">I think he should have been a starter not a reserve.</div>
    Nah. Not this season, theres too many guards as it is.

Jason Kidd, Paul Pierce, Tracy McGrady, Baron Davis, and Allen Iverson all get the nod before Redd in my book. I'm not trying to bash the guy because I absolute love his game, he's becoming one of my favorite players. I just don't think he's starting material when looking at his other competition.

I can't wait until he hits his prime, he's going to be a great player. I'm still shocked that he went so late in the draft. (Second round, 43rd pick) The scouts really overlooked him.

14. Vyper

Vyper -Vintage '73-

jaded corporate lackey
    On performance alone he deserves it ahead of T-Mac IMO. McGrady hasn't been playing as well as anticipated and his team thoroughly sucks. Redd has been playing unbelievable basketball and carrying his team.

15. Mez

Mez JBB JustBBall Member

Actually I am one of the people who agree he should have been a starter also. He played better than almost any guard in the league, except for maybe Sam so far this season. I've been saying for weeks now that I love watching Redd play, but damn am I glad he made it. I hope he gets a lot of minutes, but that's doubtful with the guard spots loaded in the East.

16. Ice

Ice JBB Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Big Nasty:</div><div class="quote_post">On performance alone he deserves it ahead of T-Mac IMO. McGrady hasn't been playing as well as anticipated and his team thoroughly sucks. Redd has been playing unbelievable basketball and carrying his team.</div>
    McGrady can't lead a team, he calls out teammates, and complains. His team is terrible this year, and he hasn't showed the leadership skills it takes to turn things around. However, the All Star game is about the individual players' statistics rather than the team performance.

His stat line speaks for itself: 27 points, 6 rebounds and 5.6 assists.

The numbers are slightly down, but he's definitely worthy of a starting position.

17. Voodoo Child

Voodoo Child Can I Kick It?

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Ice Breaker:</div><div class="quote_post">His stat line speaks for itself: 27 points, 6 rebounds and 5.6 assists.
    </div>

Stats can only say so much. Michael Redd is averaging 22 points and a little more than 5 rebounds (like McGrady), but look at his team's success compared to McGrady's. McGrady has a greater talent pool to work with and his team is one of the worst (if not <u>the</u> worst) in the league. The Bucks are one of the three or four best teams in the East. As far as starting goes, what does it matter? Redd didn't deserve to start because the fans didn't like him more than McGrady and this is the fan's game. If I were to pick the starting guards I'd probably pick Jason Kidd at point guard and then Iverson or Redd at shooting guard. However, it's really pointless to argue about how he should or shouldn't have started because starting in the All-Star game means nothing. The other year Michael Jordan and Jason Kidd benched. Jordan is the greatest player of all-time and Jason Kidd was Runner-Up (should have won) MVP. It just doesn't matter.

Anyway, congrats to Bucks fans on having an All-Star. I'm still waiting for Posey, Williams, or Gasol to get love in Memphis.

18. Ice

Ice JBB Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Wave:</div><div class="quote_post">Stats can only say so much. Michael Redd is averaging 22 points and a little more than 5 rebounds (like McGrady), but look at his team's success compared to McGrady's. McGrady has a greater talent pool to work with and his team is one of the worst (if not <u>the</u> worst) in the league. The Bucks are one of the three or four best teams in the East. As far as starting goes, what does it matter? Redd didn't deserve to start because the fans didn't like him more than McGrady and this is the fan's game. If I were to pick the starting guards I'd probably pick Jason Kidd at point guard and then Iverson or Redd at shooting guard. However, it's really pointless to argue about how he should or shouldn't have started because starting in the All-Star game means nothing. The other year Michael Jordan and Jason Kidd benched. Jordan is the greatest player of all-time and Jason Kidd was Runner-Up (should have won) MVP. It just doesn't matter.

Anyway, congrats to Bucks fans on having an All-Star. I'm still waiting for Posey, Williams, or Gasol to get love in Memphis.</div>
    I've already said McGrady hasn't had success with his team this seasn whereas Redd has. In the All Star game that doesn't matter. Its just a popularity contest, and yes McGrady has more fans. McGrady is a more entertaining player IMO, he's an athletic freak and can create some crazy ass dunks. Again, this is all about the fans and what they want to see.

Redd is a hell of a player, but the east has too many guards and he is often overlooked. I'm glad he made the roster because your right, starting doesn't even matter. To me, it's all irrevelent. The players worthy of making the roster are the ones who are in the game with 2 minutes left determining which team is victorious.

19. Crossover

Crossover JBB JustBBall Member

Jordan wasn't benched last year - technically. Vince gave up his starting spot at the last minute and forced Jordan to start the game, remember?

Anyway, I'm glad Michael Redd will get a taste of what the All Star game is all about, because there's a slice of the pie that he has earned. The Bucks are now third, ahead of New Orleans in the East, and he's the one that led his team through the great run they made to get there, after a mediocre start under 500. When no one else on his team can break ten points, just to win the game, he'll drop 40 on you. That's what I'm talking about.