Redd to be Invited to the Olympic Team?

Discussion in 'Milwaukee Bucks' started by gmanspack, May 13, 2004.

1. gmanspack

gmanspack JBB JustBBall Member

WTMJ-Channel 4 in Milwaukee is reporting that a source within USA Basketball is reporting to the Milwaukee Journal Sentinal that Bucks All-Star Michael Redd may be asked to fill the spot left open by the dropout of Kobe. I would expect an article in Friday's paper on this, and will post a link if it is in there.

I would love Mike to play in the Olympics, he would be the 2nd Buck to play

Ray Allen in 2000, Big Dogg was named to the team in 1996 but withdrew due to injury.

2. og15

og15 JBB *********

That would be sick, then I get to see him and Marion in the Olympics, good stuff if he does go.

3. Avery

Avery JBB IDIOT!! GOSH!!!

He would be a great addition. Team USA needs more perimeter players. A player like him or even Cassell would help out the team drastically. Hopefully, he'll decide to go. Being on the Olympic team is an major honor, I doubt he'll turn down the offer.

4. tradebark

tradebark JBB JustBBall Member

I'd love to see him in the olympics [​IMG] show the world what good shooting is hehe

5. ~Fatality~

~Fatality~ JBB JustBBall Member

I think Redd would be a great addition to the team. His great 3 point shot would be a good threat. He also seems like a very unselfish and a team player. Give him the chance.

6. T_WOLF_DAWG

T_WOLF_DAWG JBB JustBBall Member

I'd like to see him in the Olympics. He should have been invited earlier. It is sad that all the really great players are dropping out. I was looking forward to seeing them all on the same team.

PEACE

7. Bez Koske

Bez Koske JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Avery:</div><div class="quote_post">He would be a great addition. Team USA needs more perimeter players. A player like him or even Cassell would help out the team drastically. Hopefully, he'll decide to go. Being on the Olympic team is an major honor, I doubt he'll turn down the offer.</div>
    Yeah, I agree. USA needs perimeter shooters that can knock it down consistently. I am worried about his 3point shooting because the 3point line is shorter than in the NBA. It might kinda confuse him, sorta.

8. B.e.

B.e. The One Who Score Touchdowns and Spikes Mics

Redd deserves to go to the olympics,and he would be a great addition to team USA,I think he is the missing piece of the team.I also think team USA needs a primary defensive player like Ben Wallace or Ron Artest.

9. Rave

Rave JBB JustBBall Member

Redd all the way. Much like Miller, it'd be nice to bring a class act nice guy with skills into the Olympics. He'll show them what offense and effort is all about. I look forward to seeing him shoot their lights out.

10. bbwTwinTowers

bbwTwinTowers BBW Member

redd deserves this he gives 20+ points each night and nobody cares

11. InNETSweTrust

InNETSweTrust JBB Philippines' Finest

Against the zone, a shooter would help clear the low post. It will give the big men more space to operate.

I say give him his due.

12. Smoke

Smoke JBB JustBBall Member

redd is an awesome player. I am happy they are giving him his props and letting him go. lets go Code Red.

13. gmanspack

USA Basketball has asked Lamar Odom and Richard Hamilton to fill the final two spots

Odom will accept the invite, but Hamilton hasn't spoke about it, obvious reasons why. Hamilton may decide not to go due to the length of his season already.

If Rip declines, USA Basketball will then invite Michael Redd to the team, not Carmelo Anthony

Come on Rip! Decline!

Link

14. gmanspack

Its pretty much official now, Redd and Melo will take Rip and Big Ben's spots

15. milwaukeebucks#1

milwaukeebucks#1 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting gmanspack:</div><div class="quote_post">USA Basketball has asked Lamar Odom and Richard Hamilton to fill the final two spots

Odom will accept the invite, but Hamilton hasn't spoke about it, obvious reasons why. Hamilton may decide not to go due to the length of his season already.

If Rip declines, USA Basketball will then invite Michael Redd to the team, not Carmelo Anthony

Come on Rip! Decline!

Link</div>

Go Michael <font color="Red">REDD</font> [​IMG]

16. Avery

Avery JBB IDIOT!! GOSH!!!

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">If Rip declines, USA Basketball will then invite Michael Redd to the team, not Carmelo Anthony</div>

Lol. Guess again, looks like Carmelo got the spot. But I seriously wanted Michael Redd to make the team.

17. gmanspack

Ben Wallace dropped out too, Redd is gonna take his spot