Redd's Milwaukee Future in Serious Doubt

Discussion in 'Milwaukee Bucks' started by TnNeG, Oct 6, 2004.

1. TnNeG

TnNeG NFLC nflcentral.net Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Michael Redd is without a doubt the Bucks franchise player, but how long he'll remain in Milwaukee is unclear.

Under ideal circumstances, the Bucks already would have their gifted guard under contract for years to come. But since the Bucks signed Redd to a four-year $12 million deal on Oct. 14, 2002, league rules prohibit the Bucks from offering Redd a contract extension until Oct. 14, 2005.

As such, there aren't any guarantees Redd will return to the Bucks after this season, especially since the interest in him by other teams is likely to be very enthusiastic. </div>

Full Story

2. celtfan

celtfan JBB JustBBall Member

Bucks are crazy if they don't find some way to re-sign him long term. That's all I have to say on this.

3. S.Livingston14

S.Livingston14 JBB JustBBall Member

He is the best player on that team and if given a contract extension, will continue to be for a long time. I was loving him when he would come off the bench for Allen. I called that he was going to be a star. He is too much of the Bucks team to not re-sign him.

4. bbwTwinTowers

bbwTwinTowers BBW Member

I hope the Bucks re sign, we gave him the chance to really show his skills. He should have the respect to re-sign.

5. og15

og15 JBB *********

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting TwinTowers:</div><div class="quote_post">I hope the Bucks re sign, we gave him the chance to really show his skills. He should have the respect to re-sign.</div>
    Not really, when he was an FA I was so excited, and thought he'd shwon enough to get at least 4 million a year, and the Bucks just held off and didn't even sign him till almost the start of training camp [​IMG]

6. Jurassic

Jurassic Trend Setter

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting TwinTowers:</div><div class="quote_post">He should have the respect to re-sign.</div>

Come on man.

7. Jerry West

Jerry West JBB JustBBall Member

If they don't re-sign him, there will be 25 teams lining up for him.

8. Sir Desmond

Sir Desmond JBB Stig!

This is the time for trust to come into play. From all accounts, Redd really enjoys being a team leader in Milwaukee and responds well under Terry Porter. But, as we saw with Boozer, money talks.

9. milwaukeebucks#1

milwaukeebucks#1 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting TNG Impact:</div><div class="quote_post">Full Story</div>

i heard that if redd walks, Ray Allen will come back. he wants to come back, and he wants out of seattle. we'll have to see.

10. gmanspack

gmanspack JBB JustBBall Member

The story you saw that said that was some made up BS by that crappy coulmnist in the Milwaukee paper, Ray Allen will never play for the Bucks again, unless he lowers the price tag a whole heck of a lot