Redskins Draft Discussion

Discussion in 'NFC East' started by Agent Zero, Feb 3, 2007.

1. Agent Zero

Agent Zero BBW Member

Well... we all know that the Skins have like five first round picks [​IMG] so...Since this is one of the best defensive drafts in years, we really need to trade down to get a 2nd round pick or two 3rd round picks. Needs:1. Extreme pass-rushing DE (then move Daniels to DT)2. Run-stopping DT3. Run-stopping LB4. Cover CB (Springs is moving to SS, and Prioleau is coming back so we need a CB)5. Possession WR6. Center

2. GaMeTiMe

GaMeTiMe BBW Member

Any links on that Springs moving to SS thing?

3. Agent Zero

Agent Zero BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GaMeTiMe @ Feb 6 2007, 07:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Any links on that Springs moving to SS thing?</div>There are like 10 links on google.Here's one though: http://www.redskins.com/news/newsDetail.jsp?id=24549Plus Gibbs always talks about that on local TV channels. He said he's confident we will end up signing Nate Clements and re-signing Jimoh and maybe even Wright.

4. AdropOFvenom

AdropOFvenom BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (The Punisher @ Feb 6 2007, 07:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Plus Gibbs always talks about that on local TV channels. He said he's confident we will end up signing Nate Clements and re-signing Jimoh and maybe even Wright.</div>Bullshit.That would be tampering.

5. Agent Zero

Agent Zero BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (AdropOFvenom @ Feb 7 2007, 12:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (The Punisher @ Feb 6 2007, 07:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Plus Gibbs always talks about that on local TV channels. He said he's confident we will end up signing Nate Clements and re-signing Jimoh and maybe even Wright.</div>Bullshit.That would be tampering.</div>Yeah, okay...Every year we sign a shit load of players and this time Gibbs already knows who.And read this<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Bills Daily reports in an interview with WGR radio, CB Nate Clements did not rule out returning to Buffalo next year. He did say there has been no contact between his agent and the team since the season ended but he's not surprised by that. He told Howard Simon that he will take his time before making a decision since this may be the last contract of his career. He said there is definitely a chance he will be back and while he has to think about his family, money won't be the only thing he'll consider when he hits the market. Winning is important to him and he's optimistic where the Bills are headed. He also said he won't rule out going to any team and acknowledged Washington is a possibility since Greg Williams and Jerry Gray are there and they were the ones who drafted him.</div>

6. AdropOFvenom

AdropOFvenom BBW Member

[quote name='The Punisher' post='84134' date='Feb 7 2007, 11:56 AM'][quote name='AdropOFvenom' post='84109' date='Feb 7 2007, 12:23 PM'][quote name='The Punisher' post='84085' date='Feb 6 2007, 07:23 PM']Plus Gibbs always talks about that on local TV channels. He said he's confident we will end up signing Nate Clements and re-signing Jimoh and maybe even Wright.[/quote]Bullshit.That would be tampering.[/quote]Yeah, okay...Every year we sign a shit load of players and this time Gibbs already knows who.And read this
    [/quote]Oh my, Washington is a possibility. That must mean he is going there. [​IMG] I'm sure if asked, he wouldn't rule out going to Arizona either because it would be stupid of him to rule any team out. [​IMG]

7. Agent Zero

Agent Zero BBW Member

[quote name='AdropOFvenom' post='84142' date='Feb 7 2007, 03:30 PM'][quote name='The Punisher' post='84134' date='Feb 7 2007, 11:56 AM'][quote name='AdropOFvenom' post='84109' date='Feb 7 2007, 12:23 PM'][quote name='The Punisher' post='84085' date='Feb 6 2007, 07:23 PM']Plus Gibbs always talks about that on local TV channels. He said he's confident we will end up signing Nate Clements and re-signing Jimoh and maybe even Wright.[/quote]Bullshit.That would be tampering.[/quote]Yeah, okay...Every year we sign a shit load of players and this time Gibbs already knows who.And read this
    [/quote]Oh my, Washington is a possibility. That must mean he is going there. [​IMG] I'm sure if asked, he wouldn't rule out going to Arizona either because it would be stupid of him to rule any team out. [​IMG][/quote]Yeah, because even if Washington is last on someone's list they end up going there because of $nyer.

8. Capt. Comeback

Capt. Comeback NFLC nflcentral.net Member

He already said he'd like to stay in Buffalo, and I see a great potential in that happening.

9. Oshiomogho

Oshiomogho NFLC nflcentral.net Member

Skins need to trade Archuleta Away for a 3rd rd pick, that'll make me happy

10. Agent Zero

Agent Zero BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Oshiomogho @ Feb 13 2007, 11:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Skins need to trade Archuleta Away for a 3rd rd pick, that'll make me happy</div>And Brunell and Springs and Daniels.<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Capt. Comeback @ Feb 13 2007, 04:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>He already said he'd like to stay in Buffalo, and I see a great potential in that happening.</div>Fine, we'll get Asante Samuel.

11. GoGiants98

GoGiants98 NFLC nflcentral.net Member

the gameplan for this years draft, straight from Snyder's desk: Trade all the draft picks away for players we can grossly overpay like we do everyyear<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Oshiomogho @ Feb 13 2007, 08:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Skins need to trade Archuleta Away for a 3rd rd pick, that'll make me happy</div>what team in their right mind would trade away a 3rd round pick for Archuleta?

12. Agent Zero

Agent Zero BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GoGiants98 @ Feb 17 2007, 12:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>the gameplan for this years draft, straight from Snyder's desk: Trade all the draft picks away for players we can grossly overpay like we do everyyear<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Oshiomogho @ Feb 13 2007, 08:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Skins need to trade Archuleta Away for a 3rd rd pick, that'll make me happy</div>what team in their right mind would trade away a 3rd round pick for Archuleta?</div> [​IMG] Bears would DEFINITELY trade a 3rd round pick for him.

13. GoGiants98

GoGiants98 NFLC nflcentral.net Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (The Punisher @ Feb 16 2007, 09:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GoGiants98 @ Feb 17 2007, 12:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>the gameplan for this years draft, straight from Snyder's desk: Trade all the draft picks away for players we can grossly overpay like we do everyyear<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Oshiomogho @ Feb 13 2007, 08:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Skins need to trade Archuleta Away for a 3rd rd pick, that'll make me happy</div>what team in their right mind would trade away a 3rd round pick for Archuleta?</div> [​IMG] Bears would DEFINITELY trade a 3rd round pick for him.</div>hahaha yeah, because last off-season we all found out how badly the bears wanted him when they decided to just go ahead and let the Redskins give him the insane contract that they did, i'm sure now theyre having such horrible second thoughts about missing out on a safety who sat out most of the season because he wasnt good enough to earn a starting spot on one of the leagues worst defenses to the point where theyd trade a 3rd rounder for h im

14. Agent Zero

Agent Zero BBW Member

[quote name='GoGiants98' post='85022' date='Feb 17 2007, 12:21 AM'][quote name='The Punisher' post='85019' date='Feb 16 2007, 09:19 PM'][quote name='GoGiants98' post='85017' date='Feb 17 2007, 12:16 AM']the gameplan for this years draft, straight from Snyder's desk: Trade all the draft picks away for players we can grossly overpay like we do everyyear[quote name='Oshiomogho' post='84766' date='Feb 13 2007, 08:14 PM']Skins need to trade Archuleta Away for a 3rd rd pick, that'll make me happy[/quote]what team in their right mind would trade away a 3rd round pick for Archuleta?[/quote] [​IMG] Bears would DEFINITELY trade a 3rd round pick for him.[/quote]hahaha yeah, because last off-season we all found out how badly the bears wanted him when they decided to just go ahead and let the Redskins give him the insane contract that they did, i'm sure now theyre having such horrible second thoughts about missing out on a safety who sat out most of the season because he wasnt good enough to earn a starting spot on one of the leagues worst defenses to the point where theyd trade a 3rd rounder for h im[/quote]How come he didn't seat it out St. Louis? Oh wait, that's right... because he was one of the best safeties in the league. Why did Gregg Williams bench him? Because he's a jackass to stars like him and Arrington, who don't want to learn his gay scheme. The Skins defensive ranking got way worse when Archuleta got benched, FYI. But that might've been because of all the injuries that hit Washington. If I was Chicago, I would trade the 95th overall pick to get an upgrade over Todd Johnson.

15. AdropOFvenom

AdropOFvenom BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (The Punisher @ Feb 16 2007, 09:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>How come he didn't seat it out St. Louis? Oh wait, that's right... because he was one of the best safeties in the league. Why did Gregg Williams bench him? Because he's a jackass to stars like him and Arrington, who don't want to learn his gay scheme. The Skins defensive ranking got way worse when Archuleta got benched, FYI. But that might've been because of all the injuries that hit Washington. If I was Chicago, I would trade the 95th overall pick to get an upgrade over Todd Johnson.</div>He was an slightly-above-average safety that you guys ridiculously overpaid for. And no, there is no a single team in the NFL that would trade even a 7th round pick for Adam Archuleta, and the reason is plain and simple. His contract. Even with the Redskins picking up the Signing Bonus in a trade, he is still ridiculously overpaid and nobody is going to take on that contract.

16. Agent Zero

Agent Zero BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (AdropOFvenom @ Feb 17 2007, 12:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (The Punisher @ Feb 16 2007, 09:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>How come he didn't seat it out St. Louis? Oh wait, that's right... because he was one of the best safeties in the league. Why did Gregg Williams bench him? Because he's a jackass to stars like him and Arrington, who don't want to learn his gay scheme. The Skins defensive ranking got way worse when Archuleta got benched, FYI. But that might've been because of all the injuries that hit Washington. If I was Chicago, I would trade the 95th overall pick to get an upgrade over Todd Johnson.</div>He was an slightly-above-average safety that you guys ridiculously overpaid for. And no, there is no a single team in the NFL that would trade even a 7th round pick for Adam Archuleta, and the reason is plain and simple. His contract. Even with the Redskins picking up the Signing Bonus in a trade, he is still ridiculously overpaid and nobody is going to take on that contract.</div>Oh my God, three million dollars a year [​IMG]

17. AdropOFvenom

AdropOFvenom BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (The Punisher @ Feb 16 2007, 09:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Oh my God, three million dollars a year [​IMG]</div>Still not worth it. [​IMG]

18. Agent Zero

Agent Zero BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (AdropOFvenom @ Feb 17 2007, 12:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (The Punisher @ Feb 16 2007, 09:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Oh my God, three million dollars a year [​IMG]</div>Still not worth it. [​IMG]</div>You wouldn't give up a horrible pick for a hard-hitting safety that will get you 130 tackles and a few sacks? I don't care how bad his pass coverage is, $3M + his stats is better than a 3rd round pick who will do nothing.

19. Jon_Vilma

Jon_Vilma NFLC nflcentral.net Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (The Punisher @ Feb 16 2007, 09:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (AdropOFvenom @ Feb 17 2007, 12:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (The Punisher @ Feb 16 2007, 09:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Oh my God, three million dollars a year [​IMG]</div>Still not worth it. [​IMG]</div>You wouldn't give up a horrible pick for a hard-hitting safety that will get you 130 tackles and a few sacks? I don't care how bad his pass coverage is, $3M + his stats is better than a 3rd round pick who will do nothing.</div>Teams can draft that in the 3rd round, or like we did, on the 2nd day.A 3rd round pick will get you someone better and younger than Adam. He's only worth a 5th at most.

20. Agent Zero

Agent Zero BBW Member

Then why was he the 20th overall pick?Don't forget that he can play OLB for any team like he did at Arizona St.