Referee Blunder

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by SickVick7, Oct 17, 2005.

1. SickVick7

SickVick7 NFLC Banned

As I do every day when I come home from school I watch Cold Pizza's First and Ten with Woody Paige and Skip Bayless. There was a very interesting topic and it was referee blunder. Apparently, there's a rule that says no player can help the player with the ball cross the goal line. There is clear evidence (and it is very clear i might add) that Reggie Bush pushed Matt Leinart into the endzone for a Touchdown. This is very interesting because Notre Dame should've won that game. That is just plain bad luck for having sucky ass umpires.

2. FSUViking

FSUViking NFLC nflcentral.net Member

<span style="color:purple">That's complete crap. I've never once seen that called. Pros....college....high school.....anywhere. And I've been watching and playing football for 28 years.</span>

3. SickVick7

SickVick7 NFLC Banned

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (FSUViking @ Oct 17 2005, 05:24 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><span style="color:purple">That's complete crap. I've never once seen that called. Pros....college....high school.....anywhere. And I've been watching and playing football for 28 years.</span></div> Dude, it's in the rulebook.

4. JHair

JHair NFLC nflcentral.net Member

It's true. this has been happening to me lately with all my teams, 'skins shouldn't of lost in Denver, now this [​IMG]

5. FSUViking

<span style="color:purple">Maybe it is, but it literally has never been called. Ever.Here's an idea. Don't let them get 61 yards on 4th and 9, and you don't have that problem.</span> [​IMG]

6. SickVick7

SickVick7 NFLC Banned

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (FSUViking @ Oct 17 2005, 07:17 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><span style="color:purple">Maybe it is, but it literally has never been called. Ever.Here's an idea. Don't let them get 61 yards on 4th and 9, and you don't have that problem.</span> [​IMG]</div> It doesn't matter it's still illegal.

7. FSUViking

<span style="color:purple">Well, you can cry foul all you want. Read the USA Today sports section. Charlie Weis said it was a good play by Bush to push Leinart in, and said he hoped he had a RB that would do the same thing if he was in that situation.</span>

8. Holla at ya boy

Holla at ya boy NFLC nflcentral.net Member

he said that? r u sure I dont remember reading that

9. SickVick7

SickVick7 NFLC Banned

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (FSUViking @ Oct 18 2005, 03:12 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><span style="color:purple">Well, you can cry foul all you want. Read the USA Today sports section. Charlie Weis said it was a good play by Bush to push Leinart in, and said he hoped he had a RB that would do the same thing if he was in that situation.</span></div> First of all, I'm not crying and I'm probably a bigger USC fan than you'll ever be. You probably just started liking them 2 years ago when they shared the national championship. Second, I could care less what the hell u say. It's in the freekin rule book the refs just missed it. How can you argue something that's in the rulebook.

10. FSUViking

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ATL Pimp @ Oct 18 2005, 04:33 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>he said that? r u sure I dont remember reading that</div><span style="color:purple">It was in Tuesday's sports section. A reporter asked him about this "rule" and his response was it was "a head's up play by Bush" and that he "hoped one of his RB's would have the wherewithall to do the same thing."</span>

11. FSUViking

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>First of all, I'm not crying and I'm probably a bigger USC fan than you'll ever be. You probably just started liking them 2 years ago when they shared the national championship.</div><span style="color:purple">Well, goody for you. I never said I was a USC fan, did I?</span><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Second, I could care less what the hell u say. It's in the freekin rule book the refs just missed it. How can you argue something that's in the rulebook.</div><span style="color:purple">You don't have to care what I say. Listen to Charlie Weis. The refs "just" missed it? Name one time it's ever been called in a game before. You "just mis" a holding call on a long run. Or a pass interference. You don't "just miss" something like that for years and years of hundreds of football games.I'll bet the rule says you cannot push a player with your own body before any initial contact, because we see offensive lineman pushing running backs every single game, when the defense has hit them.Reggie Bush did not push Leinart until the defense had hit him and stod him up. If Bush had lined up behind Leinart and pushed him in when he took the snap, before the defense hit him, I'd bet the flag would have been thrown.</span>

12. SickVick7

SickVick7 NFLC Banned

If you watch Sports Center or any other sports show, they were all talking about this saying it should've been called because it's a rule. Enough said.

13. BigMike23

BigMike23 NFLC nflcentral.net Member

I never heard of that rule, still Notre Dame should have won but theres no use in crying about it.

14. FSUViking

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SickVick7 @ Oct 19 2005, 04:25 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>If you watch Sports Center or any other sports show, they were all talking about this saying it should've been called because it's a rule. Enough said.</div><span style="color:purple">It says a lot about the rule itself, when the coach who was supposedly victimized by it says Bush did the right thing, and he would have hoped his player did the same thing.</span> [​IMG] [​IMG]

15. The Marine

The Marine BBW Member

Who cares if it's a rule or not, the fact is the game is all over. So nothing is going to change about it. I personally think that'd be a stupid rule. The refs need to let the players play football how it's supposed to be played.

16. JHair

JHair NFLC nflcentral.net Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (xpostxscript @ Oct 20 2005, 12:12 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>Who cares if it's a rule or not, the fact is the game is all over. So nothing is going to change about it. I personally think that'd be a stupid rule. The refs need to let the players play football how it's supposed to be played.</div> Suppose every offensive player lifted the runningback into the air and carried him into the endzone..would you approve of that?

17. Blayq Owns You

Blayq Owns You NFLC nflcentral.net Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (xpostxscript @ Oct 19 2005, 08:12 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>Who cares if it's a rule or not, the fact is the game is all over. So nothing is going to change about it. I personally think that'd be a stupid rule. The refs need to let the players play football how it's supposed to be played.</div> You're a moron. If they played football how it's supposed to be played, this call would've been called. If it's in the rulebook, it has to be called. There's no excuse.And who decided Weiss memorized the rulebook? Maybe he's never heard of that rule because he's never experienced something like this happen before. This should've been called and anyone who objects to it needs to read the rulebook. If it's a rule, it must be followed.

18. FSUViking

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (JHair @ Oct 19 2005, 09:05 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (xpostxscript @ Oct 20 2005, 12:12 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'> Who cares if it's a rule or not, the fact is the game is all over. So nothing is going to change about it. I personally think that'd be a stupid rule. The refs need to let the players play football how it's supposed to be played.</div>Suppose every offensive player lifted the runningback into the air and carried him into the endzone..would you approve of that?</div><span style="color:purple">Right, because that's what happened...... [​IMG] </span>

19. FSUViking

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Blayq Owns You @ Oct 20 2005, 04:02 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (xpostxscript @ Oct 19 2005, 08:12 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'> Who cares if it's a rule or not, the fact is the game is all over. So nothing is going to change about it. I personally think that'd be a stupid rule. The refs need to let the players play football how it's supposed to be played.</div>And who decided Weiss memorized the rulebook? Maybe he's never heard of that rule because he's never experienced something like this happen before. </div><span style="color:purple">Gee...maybe becuase it's NEVER been called before. Since you seem to have a copy of the NCAA Rulebook next to your bed, why don't you post the rule then?I garuntee you there's a difference between what Bush did, and shotputting the runner over the pile, as JHair suggested.</span>

20. The Marine

The Marine BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>ou're a moron. If they played football how it's supposed to be played, this call would've been called. If it's in the rulebook, it has to be called. There's no excuse.And who decided Weiss memorized the rulebook? Maybe he's never heard of that rule because he's never experienced something like this happen before.This should've been called and anyone who objects to it needs to read the rulebook. If it's a rule, it must be followed.</div>lol whatever, you're probably just upset that USC won. Seriously, these days, people are making stupid rules. Pushing your own QB should be a penatly? Bullshit. That is the stupiest penatly i've ever heard. Game gets boring when you hear bullshits. So don't tell me i'm a moron, just drop the topic, USC won, k? Stop bitching how they got so lucky and all that, bah bah bah bah bah bah bah. ITS OVER!