Reggie "ESPN" Bush

Discussion in 'NFL General' started by Cowboy71, Aug 21, 2006.

1. Cowboy71

Cowboy71 Dallas Cowboys *********

Did anyone watch the ESPN game tonight....and more importantly the following Sportcenter?

Dallas totally wiped up the Saints, which was particularly interesting because half of the Saints staff are ex-Cowboys.

Anyway, it was interesting how ESPN threw down accolades to Reggie Bush.

Stuart Scott..."Reggie takes the pass and BOOM, a 9 yard gain. Reggie gets the handoff and sidesteps a linebacker for a heroic two yard gain. Romo also completed a 47 yard touchdown pass to Austin. But we need to talk more about Bush"

OK, that wasn't word for word, but a lot of time was spent on a guy that had 4 rushes for 7 yards, along with 2 catches for 14 yards. I know the whole sport loves a superstar, but man, it must have been the best 7 yards in NFL history.

This is not to take anything away from Bush. I think he is a very explosive player and should be a good home run threat. Obviously, he makes for a good decoy too. But come on, let the guy gain double digits in yards before he is the next Gale Sayers.

I hope this isn't a sign to come with ESPN MNF.

2. houstonpower780

houstonpower780 nfl-*****s member

That is so true..drew bledsoe had an asome game but dident get nearly as much coverage

3. Pack Attack

Pack Attack The KISS Army

Reggie Bush Interview:

"We need to play better."
    "We need to try harder."
    "We need to learn from this."
    "This is all about learning."

Pretty generic... He had a crap game. The Saints had a crap game. ESPN does, indeed, love "superstars." They're going to do their best to ensure that Bush becomes one...deservedly or not.

4. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

Pay Back for the on going TO coverage.[​IMG]

5. TheBeef

TheBeef Commish of FUN!

This is pretty standard dribble from ESPN, especially from Stu Scott....after a falcons game in which they win, 9-7, Vick goes 5/16 for 71 yards, throws an int and runs 9 times for 55 yards, Stu Scott will say: "Yall see Vick? My boy is sick. Holler yall, Booyah!"....and that passes for sportscasting....my suggestion is to turn to ESPN News...you will get a little of that crap, but mostly they play it straight and report the news you want....

6. Bears#1Fan

Bears#1Fan nfl-*****s member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TheBeef)</div><div class='quotemain'>This is pretty standard dribble from ESPN, especially from Stu Scott....after a falcons game in which they win, 9-7, Vick goes 5/16 for 71 yards, throws an int and runs 9 times for 55 yards, Stu Scott will say: "Yall see Vick? My boy is sick. Holler yall, Booyah!"....and that passes for sportscasting....my suggestion is to turn to ESPN News...you will get a little of that crap, but mostly they play it straight and report the news you want....</div>
    OMG HAHAHAHAHA that is sooo sterwart Scott LMAO HAHAHAHAHAHA

7. bakes781

bakes781 nfl-*****s member

Why are we putting ANY stock in these games at all?

8. Thoth

Thoth Sisyphus in training

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TheBeef)</div><div class='quotemain'>This is pretty standard dribble from ESPN, especially from Stu Scott</div>
    Totally agreed.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TheBeef)</div><div class='quotemain'>after a falcons game in which they win, 9-7, Vick goes 5/16 for 71 yards, throws an int and runs 9 times for 55 yards, Stu Scott will say: "Yall see Vick? My boy is sick.</div>
    Again, Beef is spot on. Here's to Michael Vick getting over whatever ails him. Who knows if he gets "cured" maybe he'll become a real QB.

Further, you can already see the same fawning over Vince Young.

Theisman, last night, was terrible. He said that he doesn't think that Reggie should try to be a power runner and stick to being highlight material. Reggie is a quality individual & hope he does not get caught up in all the hype and undeserved adulation that he's getting...so far.

Of course, Joey also said TO should focus on "getting healthy" rather than hurry back because Bledsoe will throw primarily to Glenn. TO does need to work on his chemistry w/ Drew. Newsflash, Glenn & Bledsoe already have a history; TG will be Drew's primary WR.

TO IMO has already recognized this and hence the injury.

9. Pack Attack

Pack Attack The KISS Army

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>This is pretty standard dribble from ESPN, especially from Stu Scott....after a falcons game in which they win, 9-7, Vick goes 5/16 for 71 yards, throws an int and runs 9 times for 55 yards, Stu Scott will say: "Yall see Vick? My boy is sick. Holler yall, Booyah!"</div>
    It's nice to see that I'm not the only one who finds Stuart Scott's "style" to be uninteresting, unprofessional and unnecessary. I don't want "hip," I want solid NFL news (and other sports) journalism reporting.

10. Cowboy71

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (porky88)</div><div class='quotemain'>Pay Back for the on going TO coverage.[​IMG]</div>
    I would rather hear about Bush's 7 yards too.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TheBeef)</div><div class='quotemain'>This is pretty standard dribble from ESPN, especially from Stu Scott....after a falcons game in which they win, 9-7, Vick goes 5/16 for 71 yards, throws an int and runs 9 times for 55 yards, Stu Scott will say: "Yall see Vick? My boy is sick. Holler yall, Booyah!"....and that passes for sportscasting....my suggestion is to turn to ESPN News...you will get a little of that crap, but mostly they play it straight and report the news you want....</div>
    That sounds like you copied a quote from a tape you had. Spec points for that one!!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bakes781)</div><div class='quotemain'>Why are we putting ANY stock in these games at all?</div>
    That was kind of my part of my point...in a roundabout way.

11. bakes781

You mean you weren't buying into the Romo hype?

12. Cowboy71

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bakes781)</div><div class='quotemain'>You mean you weren't buying into the Romo hype?</div>
    I see your point. Yes, I'm sick of that too. Honestly, I am excited to see any QB on the Dallas roster under 30 actually perform well, even if it is a somewhat-meaningless preseason game. Its been too long, so I'll take what I can get.

That said, I never thought Bledsoe should be riding the bench due to Romo's performance the last few weeks. Now, if Dallas starts out 3-3 because Bledsoe can't stay upright (due to our poor OL), then give the kid a chance and see what he's got. Otherwise, I just hope they get him into some games and see if he can be the future or not. He still hasn't thrown a pre-season pass.

Edit: If I was for Romo, then I'd suggest you sit Brady. Cassel looked pretty hot last weekend. He threw for more yards and put 2 in the end zone himself. Plus he ran the ball 5 times for a 6 yard average. Brady's OK, but obviously he's not as mobile as Cassel. [​IMG]

13. bakes781

Well he was the backup to 2 Heisman Trophy winners. [​IMG]