Report card up to this point

Discussion in 'New York Rangers' started by kreidertime, Dec 23, 2018.

1. kreidertime

kreidertime Well-Known Member

Well, a lot to look forward to. Hayes should not be dealt. He has really turned into a heck of a player. Trading him would put way too much pressure on Andersson and Howden. Zibanejad is what he is. He's a good forward. HF moron posters suck off DeAngelo. Pionk is flat out better. I think in a couple of years he becomes a Stralman type with some patience. Vesey knows his role. Zucc is on a fast decline. Better to move him. He has a couple good years left. Kreider should be our captain. Chytil is pretty close to being a top 6, scoring forward. He's trending up. If Quinn is going to play Lias under 10 minutes. Send him down and let him play in the AHL. I think Lias is a great fit to be on a line with Howden for a long time. However, both are young and haven't figured it out yet.

I would like to see a 4th line of Gettinger-Fontaine-Fast eventually. That would be something interesting.
    Gorton probably needs to think about dealing a player like Zucc, Namestnikov or Staal for a NHL ready, fringe 2nd liner but more a 3rd line forward, righty shot with some size. Rangers better wake the fuck up and pick a lot of righty forwards with their top picks because they have jack shit in the system for righty scoring forwards.
    I actually feel bad for Shattenkirk. He took less to come here. Honestly, he should accept a trade to a team like the Devils believe it or not. They are starving for a legit PP QB. Severson blows. Maybe roll the dice on a kid like McLeod who is a righty. Not sure he would go to NJ. He probably grew up hating the Devils.

2. Ranger71

Ranger71 Well-Known Member

And Skjei D+..actually D.

3. Greyvtrayn

Greyvtrayn Well-Known Member

A report card without grades? Interesting. C for everyone except Hayes (B) and Skjei (D).

4. Ranger71

It would be great if they could get a 1st for Hayes and still maybe find a way to bring him back, but i don't know how often that happens. Zucc, Namestnikov, Fast and maybe McQuaid all will be on the block. I think they should extend Kreider but he would certainly bring back alot for 2 playoff runs for a team. Fast is a great 4th liner for a team.

5. panzerporter

panzerporter Well-Known Member

Gorton A - Has done a great job clearing dead wood to make way for youth, 4 draft picks playing in Juniors
    Hayes A - on track to finally crack 50 point threshold. Lock him up!
    Kreider A - 40 goal season gets an A, now give him the C and a contract
    Pionk A - leading defensive unit in minutes and scoring
    Vesey A - on pace to shatter his career high 28 points, great defensive play
    Zibanejad A - on track for a 75 point season
    Fast B - great defense, offense improved last year should be better
    Chytil B - 19 years old and already moving well, when Filip fills out - look out!
    Howden B - another part of the youth movement, scoring has dropped a bit but he's 20
    Quinn B - like his coaching style but too many leads lost
    Buchnevich C - hopefully Quinn will wake him up
    DeAngelo C - not big enough should move to RW
    McQuaid C - hasn't played much but hits best, something sorely lacking on this team
    Namestnikov C - hasn't lived up to 1st round status, needs to score more
    Smith C - looks lost often but will take the body and drop the gloves
    Staal C - still a kneeling sieve defensively but showing sputters of offense
    Strome C - good trade for Spooner
    Claesson D - should be a young player in his spot
    Shattenkirk D - awful defensively, unimpressive offensively, hurt exclusively
    Skjei D - brutal turnover machine coupled with newly found Staal-like softness
    Zuccarello D - been hurt so hopefully he gets things going, -15 in 24 games

6. kreidertime

kreidertime Well-Known Member

Thank God the Devils are winning now. I don't want those polesmokers getting a top 7 pick.

7. Ranger71

Claesson's been pretty steady for what he is and doesn't make alot of crazy errors like some of the higher priced people, so I'd give him maybe a B-.

8. panzerporter

panzerporter Well-Known Member

The elephant in the room is Hank and his contract, I'd give Hank a B- but his contract a D