Report: Riders close to dealing Joseph

Discussion in 'Other American Football' started by BasX, Mar 5, 2008.

1. BasX

BasX I Win

Dans la ville avec cette chute d'eau énorme
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Could the Saskatchewan Roughriders start the season without the head coach and starting quarterback that led them to their first Grey Cup in 19 years?

According to the Regina Leader-Post, the Roughriders are close to trading Kerry Joseph to the Toronto Argonauts with multiple players likely headed to Saskatchewan in return.

Head coach Kent Austin left the team to become the offensive coordinator at his alma mater, Ole Miss.

Joseph, who took a $125,000 pay cut to help the Roughriders stay under the cap last season, led his team to the Grey Cup last season and was named the league's Most Outstanding Player.

But after the season, Joseph made it clear that he would like to be compensated to the level of the other top-flight quarterbacks in the league, meaning an annual slary in the neighbourhood of $300,000.

"I love playing in Saskatchewan and I would just love to get my contract up to par with the other quarterbacks around the league,'' Joseph told the Leader-Post in January.

Joseph is slated to make $250,000 this season, the final year of his existing contract.

Last seson, Joseph threw for 4,002 yards with 24 touchdowns and eight interceptions. He also ran the ball for 737 yards and 13 touchdowns.</div>

http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/news_story/?ID=231293&hubname=

2. BasX

BasX I Win

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>The Saskatchewan Roughriders will start the 2008 CFL season without the head coach and starting quarterback that led them to their first Grey Cup in 19 years.

The Toronto Argonauts have called a news conference for Thursday morning where they are expected to announce the acquisition of quarterback Kerry Joseph from the Riders.

According to the Regina Leader-Post, the Roughriders will receive defensive end Ronald Flemons, offensive tackle Glenn January, the Argos' first-round selection in the 2008 Canadian college draft, and a future, undisclosed draft pick.

Joseph, who took a $125,000 pay cut to help the Roughriders stay under the cap last season, led his team to the Grey Cup last season. But after the victory, Joseph made it clear that he would like to be compensated to the level of the other top-flight quarterbacks in the league, meaning an annual slary in the neighbourhood of $300,000.
    Related Info

"I love playing in Saskatchewan and I would just love to get my contract up to par with the other quarterbacks around the league,'' Joseph told the Regina Leader-Post in January.

Joseph is slated to make $250,000 this season, the final year of his existing contract.

Last season, Joseph threw for 4,002 yards with 24 touchdowns and eight interceptions. He also ran the ball for 737 yards and 13 touchdowns.

Earlier this year, head coach Kent Austin - who was named CFL Coach Of The Year last week - left the team to become the offensive coordinator at his alma mater, Ole Miss.</div>

now official

http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/news_story/?ID=231293&hubname=

3. Universe

Universe Hall of Fame

Bishop just got screwed.

Really unfortunate for them since having such a good year. Now, they have to start fresh just because they won it.

4. binz

binz ... Staff Member Global Moderator GFX Team

I did not expect this. I feel sorry for Saskatchewan fans. haha not.

5. BasX

BasX I Win

weird because they lost there coach now starting QB, and they just won the grey cup