Report: Vince Carter Agrees To Contract With NJ

Discussion in 'NBA General' started by knicksfan3, Jul 1, 2007.

1. knicksfan3

knicksfan3 Nets Season Ticket Holder - Section 225

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Carter reportedly agrees to $61.8 million contractESPN.com news servicesVince Carter apparently is keeping Vinsanity in New Jersey.The Newark Star Ledger is reporting that Carter, who opted out of the final year of his contract which called for a $16.3 million salary next season, has agreed to a four-year, $61.8 million contract with the Nets. The contract with the team holds an option for a fifth year.The deal will not be official until July 11 when free-agent deals can be signed.</div>Vince Re-Ups With NJSolid deal for Jersey cash wise, it was quite a bit lower than they had first thought it would be. Now they need to figure out if they want to keep the Big 4 intact for the upcoming season to try to make another run in the East.

2. The Answ3r

The Answ3r BBW Member

Good. I hope we face the Nets in the playoffs for revenge.

3. MaRdYC26

MaRdYC26 BBW Graphics Team

Good deal for Jersey. Any hope of the Knicks beating them a good amount next year was just pretty much lost, lmao.

4. GArenas

GArenas Wiz Fo Champz

Good move by New Jersey, over the past three years Vince Carter has become a solid part of the Nets offense. Moving him would create alot of problems for the Nets. I expected Vince Carter to re-sign, it didn't seem as though he really wanted to leave. The opt-out was basically a business choice. If I'm a Nets fan I would be ecstatic right now.

5. Nitro1118

Nitro1118 BBW Elite Member

Very, very good move for the Nets. When every team is healthy in the East, I feel they are right up there with the heat, Pistons, Bulls and Cavs. Hell, they should have beaten the Cavs this year, but a game 4 collapse and no Nenad Krstic killed them.Now the Nets need to make 2 moves-1) Trade for another big man. Preferably a defensive stopper who is strong, athletic and agressive. It would also be nice if he could give more offense than Jason Collins. I don't know the full list of available free agents, but one that comes to mind is Darko Millicic. While he is not very agressive or strong, he IS a great shot blocker and his offense has come along nicely. With the Magic possibly signing Rashard Lewis, he will likely be available on the market for a fairly reasonable price.2 Fire Lawrence Frank. Horrible offensive coach, and even worse come crunch time when this team always seems to give up and go to the VC-offense (aka give it to VC 30ft out, everyone else stand around, and watch VC take a 25ft 3).

6. CelticBalla32

CelticBalla32 Basketball is back in Boston

Good move for New Jersey, but they still need an interior presence. I think Indiana should really take that offer (Richard Jefferson and Nenad Krstic for Jermaine O'Neal), they aren't going to get a better offer than that.

7. CavsRules

CavsRules BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nitro1118 @ Jul 1 2007, 04:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Hell, they should have beaten the Cavs this year, but a game 4 collapse and no Nenad Krstic killed them.</div><span style="font-family:Tahoma">You can 'believe' that, but they shouldn't have beaten us. We SHOULD had ended it in 5. Thats more like it. The Nets were not match for us, and a big reason was because Vince Carter wasn't able to get going. The Nets are gonna be great next year, IMO. If Sean Williams can stop being an idiot, and Krsitc can stay healthy.. Thats a pretty good team. Great signing, even though we all knew it would happen.</span>

8. Nitro1118

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CavsRules @ Jul 1 2007, 05:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><span style="font-family:Tahoma">You can 'believe' that, but they shouldn't have beaten us. We SHOULD had ended it in 5. Thats more like it. The Nets were not match for us, and a big reason was because Vince Carter wasn't able to get going. The Nets are gonna be great next year, IMO. If Sean Williams can stop being an idiot, and Krsitc can stay healthy.. Thats a pretty good team. Great signing, even though we all knew it would happen.</span></div>Nets blew leads in games 1, 2 and 4. 1 and 2 I can deal with, but the game 4 collapse was huge and something that is totally unacceptable. The series should have at least went to 7, and that is with VC playing poorly and no Nenad Krstic. I feel that with Krstic back in the lineup they are a better team than the Cavs.

9. CavsRules

CavsRules BBW VIP

<span style="font-family:Tahoma">So what you're pretty much trying to tell me is that Krstic could stop LeBron and the rest of the Cavaliers. I hope to God you're not trying to tell me that, because I don't care who you are, you can't stop LeBron. Jason Kidd was the only reason why the Nets won 2 games.</span>

10. Nitro1118

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CavsRules @ Jul 1 2007, 06:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><span style="font-family:Tahoma">So what you're pretty much trying to tell me is that Krstic could stop LeBron and the rest of the Cavaliers. I hope to God you're not trying to tell me that, because I don't care who you are, you can't stop LeBron. Jason Kidd was the only reason why the Nets won 2 games.</span></div>LeBron wasn't an issue in the series for the Nets. It was rebounding and going on massive scoring droughts. While Krstic isn't the best rebounder, he is still a presence and help grab 7-8 a game. Offensively he is a 17PPG scorer who is efficient and pretty dependable. That would have GREATLY helped the Nets, especially in massive scoring droughts like at the end of game 4.The Nets dominated the Cavs in the 2 games they won. Kidd was not the only reason they won 2 games.

11. CavsRules

CavsRules BBW VIP

<span style="font-family:Tahoma">I just love how it's called "scoring droughts" now. Last year with Detroit it was because they weren't trying hard enough... Now The Nets lost to us and it's "scoring droughts". Could it really be the defense? You do know the Cavaliers have one of the better defense's in the league, correct? We may not have a shot-blocker, but we play some pretty good defense. I think thats a main reason why we won, too. Sasha slowed down Carter, and it was huge for us. And in game 4, Eric Snow STOPPED Vince Carter and we got the ball back because Snow and Hughes doubled up and stole it from him. Carter played poorly, and the Cavs' defense slowed him down. It adds up as a Nets exit. </span>

12. Nitro1118

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CavsRules @ Jul 1 2007, 06:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><span style="font-family:Tahoma">I just love how it's called "scoring droughts" now. Last year with Detroit it was because they weren't trying hard enough... Now The Nets lost to us and it's "scoring droughts". Could it really be the defense? You do know the Cavaliers have one of the better defense's in the league, correct? We may not have a shot-blocker, but we play some pretty good defense. I think thats a main reason why we won, too. Sasha slowed down Carter, and it was huge for us. And in game 4, Eric Snow STOPPED Vince Carter and we got the ball back because Snow and Hughes doubled up and stole it from him. Carter played poorly, and the Cavs' defense slowed him down. It adds up as a Nets exit. </span></div>Cavs DO play good defense, but no team with VC/Kidd/RJ should be held without a field goal for 7-8 straight minutes. No post player, horrible offensive sets (coaching problem) and pure luck are the biggest reasons for the droughts as I have seen it happen against inferior defenses in the season. The game 4 collapse should have never came to that point...Nets had a double digit lead midway through the 4th yet went on a huge drought (along with missed FT's).

13. MrBigShot_23

MrBigShot_23 BBW Member

Well, I think just about everyone saw this coming.