Rex Ryan: Not looking to fire anybody

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by truebluefan, Dec 6, 2014.

1. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Rex Ryan has dealt with controversy throughout his six seasons as the New York Jets' coach -- everything from a TattooGate to Tim Tebow. Now, in the homestretch of what likely will be his final season, Ryan is faced with another storm -- one that casts the Jets as an organization in disarray.

"I don't like the dysfunction thing because I think that's ridiculous," a visibly miffed Ryan said Friday. "What's dysfunctional might be our record -- 2-10. Everything else, maybe that's a perception out there."

The latest controversy: A published report, citing an unnamed Jets management source, that said Ryan's relationship with offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinweg has deteriorated this season to the point where Ryan considered firing him on at least two occasions.

"Absolutely, I would deny that," Ryan said. "One hundred percent I would deny that I'm looking to fire Marty or anybody ... To me, it's a complete bogus deal.

Read more http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/sto...ension-offensive-coordinator-marty-mornhinweg