Rick Rickert

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Aaron, Jun 11, 2003.

1. Aaron

Aaron JBB JustBBall Member

anyone else think this guy is dumb for entering the draft. Also where do you think he will go in the draft?

2. jjdaman20

jjdaman20 BBW Member

LOL who is he? seriously i dunno who he is and i've never heard of him b4...stats pleez

3. Kid Canada

Kid Canada JBB Banned Member

he will not be in the 1st round

4. purehoops

purehoops JBB KGSource

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "pchotsauce":</div><div class="quote_post">LOL who is he? seriously i dunno who he is and i've never heard of him b4...stats pleez</div>

Not hearin of him is proof enough that he shouldnt be in the draft... knawmean?!?

5. jjdaman20

jjdaman20 BBW Member

lol yeah shawty foshizzle

6. GatorsowntheNCAA

GatorsowntheNCAA Omaha Bound 2010!

is he a pg? or sg? or what does he play, i've heard of him, but don't know about him at all.

7. sunsfan1357

sunsfan1357 JBB JustBBall Member

He played PF for Minnesota this past year. People will probably say he should be an SF because of his thin thin thin thin thin frame (skinnier than Bosh). Probably early-mid second round as of right now.

8. Stockton

Stockton JBB

He's a 6 foot 11 PF from Minnesota who plays a lot like Keith Van horn. He should go in the middle of the second round. He should of gone pro next season.

9. jjdaman20

jjdaman20 BBW Member

lol all the no-names tryin to go pro cuz of Lebron....if it was me...I'd go next year too since my stock wouldn't be that high with all the big foreign players and high schoolers....

10. STC

STC JBB JustBBall Member

No names? Hmm.... you watch college basketball right?

3 in the NBA right now, when he adds muscle he will be a 4. Real good outside shooter, which will allow him to play SF. He averaged 15 ppg, 6 rpg, and 1 apg. Looking at his numbers you probably aren't too impressed. He only shot 44%, that is way too low for a big man in college. He did shoot 35% from 3.

I do think he should stay another year. He is only a soph, and its not like he is a lottery player or anything.

11. go_duke21

go_duke21 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Gophers' Rickert signs with agent

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) -- Rick Rickert has closed the door on returning to Minnesota by signing with California-based agent Bill Duffy.

Rickert confirmed his decision Tuesday morning following a pre-draft workout with the Minnesota Timberwolves. That means the 6-foot-11 Rickert loses his college eligibility after two seasons with the Gophers.

Duffy also represents two Wolves players: injured point guard Terrell Brandon and free agent-to-be center Rasho Nesterovic.

Rickert, who averaged 15.6 points and 6.2 rebounds last season with the Gophers, has spent the past month working out for NBA teams and at a strength and conditioning facility in Bradenton, Fla.

He said he's put on about 10 pounds, to around 225.

Rickert has been projected to go anywhere from late in the first round to early in the second round in the June 26 draft. He was in good spirits Tuesday in front of throng of local media, and he said he didn't have any regrets about his decision.

"I'm not thinking I'm going in the second round," he said. "If I would, that wouldn't be my ideal scenario, but I'm going to make the best of the situation."
    </div>

12. jjdaman20

jjdaman20 BBW Member

yeah i watch college basketball...but this Rickert guy isn't a lottery player to me...that's why i say some no-names aren't goin....

13. STC

STC JBB JustBBall Member

So non lotto players are no-names?

14. jjdaman20

jjdaman20 BBW Member

no i'm just sayin I mean Rick Rickert should be a showcase player if he was enterin the draft...I'm not sayin all non-lotto players are no-names but some are

15. bullsfan23

bullsfan23 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "tmac15":</div><div class="quote_post">He's a 6 foot 11 PF from Minnesota who plays a lot like Keith Van horn. He should go in the middle of the second round. He should of gone pro next season.</div>

You stole my idea of him reminding me of Van Horn. He was good for Minnesota and he'll get drafted early to late second round, but I don't think he'll amount to much in the NBA. Doesn't have the body, but he just isn't a pro player, he was a good college player but that is it.

16. Aaron

Aaron JBB JustBBall Member

I just don't understand what the logic is to come out of college after your sophmore year when you only projected to be at most a high second round pick. you are not guarenteed a contract. Some of these players need to get off there high horse and realize they aren't as good as they think they are. Rickert with two years of working on his body and working on his game at U or Min would have probably been able to go as a mid 1st round. No kidding the kid can shoot and has tremendous range but he will get pushed around by anyone in the NBA he is a walking stick.

17. STC

STC JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">You stole my idea of him reminding me of Van Horn</div>

That was a known opinion of alot of people who know how Rickert is.

He is no where near as good as KVH is though.

18. GatorsowntheNCAA

GatorsowntheNCAA Omaha Bound 2010!

he's supposed to go #42 by the hawks(even though it's still the magic's pick, unless they give it to the hawks)

19. STC

STC JBB JustBBall Member

Stop looking at NBADraft.net. They don't know what they are talking about.

20. sunsfan1357

sunsfan1357 JBB JustBBall Member

^^^Exactly what I say.