Robben unsure of Chelsea future

Discussion in 'England' started by dycdan, Nov 19, 2006.

1. dycdan

dycdan DYC please wait...

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post"><font size="2">Chelsea winger Arjen Robben insists he will consider his options if manager Jose Mourinho continues to rotate his starting line-up throughout the season.

</font> <font size="2">The 22-year-old, who has started just 10 of Chelsea's 20 games this season, wants more regular first-team football.</font>
    <font size="2">
    </font>
    <font size="2">"If I am not in the team I will have to consider other options," he was quoted in the News of the World.</font>
    <font size="2">
    </font>
    <font size="2">"There are players here who get a lot of money for doing nothing but I don't want that to be me, I'm too young."</font>
    <font size="2">
    </font>
    <font size="2">Robben's relationship with manager Jose Mourinho has reportedly been frosty since he was he was substituted in a Champions League game against Real Betis last season.</font>
    <font size="2">
    </font>
    <font size="2">However, after an early-season injury forced the Dutchman out for a month, Robben has revealed he has been promised more playing time.</font>

<font size="2">"The club have said I will be playing more regularly," he said. "So let's wait and see." </font>
    <font size="2">Should Robben become available it could alert the attentions of Spanish giants Real Madrid, who were heavily linked to the forward during the summer.</font></div>Chelsea better start playing him more regular, but then again with Cole now back and Ballack, Essien, Lampard sure thing to play most of the time - hmm, doubt he would ever be able to play as regular as he wants for Chelsea. Lets just hope he stays. [​IMG]

2. SoilBorn

SoilBorn DYC Mr. Rock 'n' Roll

Robben has such a terrible attitude. Talented player but very highly-strung.