Notice Robin Lopez ejected in Sacramento after back-to-back T's, throws chair

Discussion in 'Chicago Bulls' started by truebluefan, Feb 6, 2018.

1. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

- Chicago center Robin Lopez was ejected after being called for his second technical foul in the second quarter of the Bulls' 104-98 loss to the Kings on Monday and had to be held back from a referee.

Lopez, who was upset about calls not in his favor, threw a chair down the hall by the visiting locker room -- to the crowd's delight.

After not getting a foul call on a shot attempt in the second quarter, the usually happy-go-lucky Lopez voiced his displeasure with referee Justin Van Duyne as he ran down the floor.

"I disagreed with the call. I told him, 'that's bad,'" said Lopez after the game. "I'm not sure the reason behind the technical, but I suppose the officials are absolute and who am I to discredit that?

"I was a little bit surprised, in my mind, such a subdued response."

Shortly after, the 7-footer was called for a defensive foul with 4:21 remaining in the second quarter, and he continued to direct his ire at Van Duyne in a more animated manner. Van Duyne responded by issuing Lopez a technical foul without saying a word. After an irate Lopez had to be held back by two teammates, a stoic and silent referee Rodney Mott responded nearby with a game-ejecting second technical foul.

read more http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...-ejected-sacramento-back-back-ts-throws-chair