Ron Artest And Stephen Jackson Each Suspended 7 Games To Start Regular Season

Discussion in 'NBA General' started by knicksfan3, Jul 14, 2007.

1. knicksfan3

knicksfan3 Nets Season Ticket Holder - Section 225

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Jackson, Artest suspended following court pleasESPN.com news servicesUpdated: July 14, 2007, 2:43 PM ETStephen Jackson and Ron Artest have been suspended seven games without pay by the NBA for recent scrapes with the law, the league announced Saturday. Jackson, of the Golden State Warriors, was suspended for pleading guilty to criminal recklessness in Indiana, while Artest was suspended for pleading no contest to spousal abuse. Both suspensions will begin with the first game of the 2007-08 NBA regular season. Jackson pleaded guilty last month to a felony count of criminal recklessness for firing a gun outside a strip club last fall and was ordered to pay a $5,000 fine and perform 100 hours of community service. Artest was arrested and charged in March with assaulting his wife. He pleaded no contest to the charge in May and was sentenced to 100 hours of community service and a 10-day work project. Both players were previously suspended by the league for their involvement involved in the Indiana Pacers' brawl with Detroit Pistons fans at the Palace of Auburn Hills in 2004.</div>Artest/Jackson SuspendedI have no problem with these suspensions, do the crime, do the time. Especially since they get off so easy in the court system.

2. primetime

primetime Get Your Popcorn ready again

Ron Artest's wife is a bi*ch. she deserved to get hit honestly. I'd have done the same thing and I'm against hitting women.

3. GArenas

GArenas Wiz Fo Champz

This could hurt the Kings and the Warriors down the line. Both of the teams want to snag a spot at the end of the Western Conference playoff picture. Jackson and Artest are both vital parts to their respective team's and it's important for both to get a quick start. The 7th/8th seed are both very contested and will require healthy seasons to snag. Hopefully this isn't the beggining of another messy season for the Kings and Artest.At least it's only 7 games, I'm glad David Stern didn't completely over react to this.

4. Mobruler

Mobruler BBW VIP

I love how Ron Artest can beat his wife and Stephon Jackson can fire his gun in the middle of the road like a f*cking caveman and neither of them see the inside of a jail cell. They should both be in jail during the NBA season.<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Ron Artest's wife is a bi*ch. she deserved to get hit honestly. I'd have done the same thing and I'm against hitting women.</div>This is the stupidest thing I've ever seen you say and that's saying alot.

5. primetime

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mobruler @ Jul 14 2007, 04:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I love how Ron Artest can beat his wife and Stephon Jackson can fire his gun in the middle of the road like a f*cking caveman and neither of them see the inside of a jail cell. They should both be in jail during the NBA season.This is the stupidest thing I've ever seen you say and that's saying alot.</div>You obviously havent seen ron artests wife.

6. primetime

7. Mobruler

Mobruler BBW VIP

Believe it or not, it's never ok to hit a woman under any circumstances. Especially when you're a 6'7 and 260 pound professional athlete.

8. primetime

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mobruler @ Jul 14 2007, 06:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Believe it or not, it's never ok to hit a woman under any circumstances. Especially when you're a 6'7 and 260 pound professional athlete.</div>I agree hitting women is wrong, but did you listen to her? I've never hit a woman, but id smack that bi*ch. she calls the police because you take your own car and then the police tell her you cant get in trouble for taking your own car so she says that you hit her? thats f*cking low as a bi*ch can get. id have to give her a reason to call the police the next time she dialed 911 regardless and like I said hitting women is wrong.

9. CB4allstar

CB4allstar BBW Global Mod Team

Both of these guys probably deserve it, although I don't really know the circumstances in regards to Ron's incident. 7 games isnt really that bad...

10. Let Em Hear This

Let Em Hear This BBW Member

Good. The NBA's two most notorious thugs.

11. the_pestilence

the_pestilence BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>I love how Ron Artest can beat his wife and Stephon Jackson can fire his gun in the middle of the road like a f*cking caveman and neither of them see the inside of a jail cell. They should both be in jail during the NBA season.</div>are you joking? Stephen Jackson could have been injured or died if he hadn't fired his gun up in the air. There was a guy driving a truck at him. It's a pretty narrow-minded point of view to punish a guy that severely for something that was barely illegal. None of you will admit it, but if Mike Dunleavy had done the same thing you'd all be running to his defense.There is absolutely no precedent for doing this to them, and it's just disgraceful how the NBA continues to give these players so many unwarranted suspensions.

12. Mobruler

Mobruler BBW VIP

Somehow, I never get myself into a situation where some dude is driving a truck at me and I have to shoot my gun all over to get him to stop. Weird.It's disgraceful that Ron Artest is suspended for beating his wife?

13. l?ckdown

l?ckdown BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tHe_pEsTiLeNcE @ Jul 15 2007, 01:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>are you joking? Stephen Jackson could have been injured or died if he hadn't fired his gun up in the air. There was a guy driving a truck at him. It's a pretty narrow-minded point of view to punish a guy that severely for something that was barely illegal. None of you will admit it, but if Mike Dunleavy had done the same thing you'd all be running to his defense.There is absolutely no precedent for doing this to them, and it's just disgraceful how the NBA continues to give these players so many unwarranted suspensions.</div>Thats truth right thereStern just wants to show his power

14. the_pestilence

the_pestilence BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mobruler @ Jul 15 2007, 11:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Somehow, I never get myself into a situation where some dude is driving a truck at me and I have to shoot my gun all over to get him to stop. Weird.It's disgraceful that Ron Artest is suspended for beating his wife?</div>was Jason Kidd ever suspended for beating his wife? Was there any precedent besides Michael Ray Richardson for making people lose court time for stuff that happened that was completely unrelated to basketball? In the NBA justice is selective, and this is a total expo factos ruling, and I guarantee it's an obiter dictum, not a precedent.

15. primetime

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mobruler @ Jul 15 2007, 02:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Somehow, I never get myself into a situation where some dude is driving a truck at me and I have to shoot my gun all over to get him to stop. Weird.It's disgraceful that Ron Artest is suspended for beating his wife?</div>He didnt beat his wife, his wife is just a bi*ch. well its possible to did hit her, but he had good cause the same as stephen jackson. If your wife tried to get you arrested wouldnt you be pissed? Especially when your a millionaire who gives her everything she has.

16. Mobruler

Mobruler BBW VIP

Primtetime, you are so far out of touch with reality it's not even funny.Pestilence, I agree that Jason Kidd should of been suspended as well. I don't really care what race the player is. I said Jackson and Artest got what they deserved and should have gotten more. I didn't say Jackson and Artest got what they deserved and should have gotten more because they're black.

17. BrewCityBuck

BrewCityBuck The guy with 17,000 Posts.

Primetime's logic - "You can hit a women, if she deserves it." Stephen Jackson did the right thing, but was punished because he had to go to an extreme. If everything I've read is accurate, it's too bad but what are you going to do.

18. primetime

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mobruler @ Jul 15 2007, 03:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Primtetime, you are so far out of touch with reality it's not even funny.Pestilence, I agree that Jason Kidd should of been suspended as well. I don't really care what race the player is. I said Jackson and Artest got what they deserved and should have gotten more. I didn't say Jackson and Artest got what they deserved and should have gotten more because they're black.</div>Do you know anything about ron artests wife though? its hypocritical to say anything to me about how im out of touch when you dont know what your talking about. Ron Artests wife has in several cases falsely claimed he abused her. I was stating that he very well might have not have, and if he did it was under understandable circumstance. I doubt you've ever had to deal with police, but if someone you support entirely and does nothing for themself is going to try and get you locked up, you have a right to be angry. I dont know if Artest did or didnt hit his wife, but she has claimed false spousal abuse disputes in the past so he may very well be innocent or if not exaggerated. I doubt he beat the sh*t out of her, I wouldnt condone that if he did. but a push/or a smack is something I can understand. You have to look at him as a human, not as a robot because hes rich and famous. Artest has made plenty of mistakes, but his biggest one was marrying her.

19. Mobruler

Mobruler BBW VIP

It's never ok to hit a woman under any circumstances. I'm not sure how your parents raised you, but I can't word it any more clearly.

20. primetime

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mobruler @ Jul 15 2007, 04:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>It's never ok to hit a woman under any circumstances. I'm not sure how your parents raised you, but I can't word it any more clearly.</div>Like I said, neither you or me know if he actually did hit his wife. theres a good 75% chance she made up the story like she did last time.Obviously, you've never dealt with a true bi*ch. Black women arent like white women. theres a BIG difference. marry a black woman and then get back at me. I've yet to hit a woman in my life, but under circumstances where I could get locked up for no reason, yes I would. You have to be in that situation before you can judge someone.