Ron Artest Suspended for Game 2

Discussion in 'Sacramento Kings' started by Shapecity, Apr 24, 2006.

1. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">NEW YORK -- Ron Artest of the Sacramento Kings was suspended one game without pay for hitting Manu Ginobili of the San Antonio Spurs in the head with his forearm.

The suspension was announced Monday by the league. Artest will miss Game 2 of the Western Conference series on Tuesday.</div>

Source

There goes any chance of the Kings winning Game 2.

2. Laker_fan

Laker_fan JBB JustBBall Member

Haha Artest makes me laugh. He's back.

3. TimmyDMVP

TimmyDMVP JBB JustBBall Member

The stiches on his lip arent from the injury, the kings sewed his mouth shut.

4. Jurassic

Jurassic Trend Setter

I didn't watch the full game, but didn't Artest also catch an elbow from one of the Spurs?

5. NJNetz

NJNetz BBW Banned

Ha good job Ron. I guess some things will never change.

6. TimmyDMVP

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Jurassic:</div><div class="quote_post">I didn't watch the full game, but didn't Artest also catch an elbow from one of the Spurs?</div>

the elbow from manu looked like it was accidental but the forearm seemed intentional. Manu said he knew he had hit something but didnt know it was artest's face.

7. Jurassic

Jurassic Trend Setter

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting TimmyDMVP:</div><div class="quote_post">the elbow from manu looked like it was accidental but the forearm seemed intentional. Manu said he knew he had hit something but didnt know it was artest's face.</div>

Yeah right, Manu is notorious for doing things and then acting confused and innocent. The flop last year against Seattle where the replay showed that nobody was within a foot of him. He probably elbowed Artest on purpose.

In his early years Many would completely ignore Pop's instructions on offense and then claim that it was because his english wasn't good enough yet.

8. TimmyDMVP

oh well for all that smack he was talking it serves him right. He just ran his mouth as usual, when he runs his mouth he never delivers. he gave the spurs more fuel for the fire and look what happend.

9. Shapecity

Artest deserved a suspension, even though there was no foul called on the actual play. It was an obvious retaliation from Manu elbowing him in the face earlier in the series.

Still you have to wonder about the double standards the league enforces. The league suspends Artest for an intentional elbow, but they never suspended Bruce Bowen for intentionally kicking Ray Allen in the back.

10. TimmyDMVP

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting shapecity:</div><div class="quote_post">Artest deserved a suspension, even though there was no foul called on the actual play. It was an obvious retaliation from Manu elbowing him in the face earlier in the series.

Still you have to wonder about the double standards the league enforces. The league suspends Artest for an intentional elbow, but they never suspended Bruce Bowen for intentionally kicking Ray Allen in the back.</div>

But they did fine him 10,000, i mean thats chump change. But bruce did not kick him full force intending to do damage his just put his foot on his back. Artest was trying to hurt manu while he was in the air

11. Shapecity

[​IMG]

Manu was not in the air what play are you talking about?

Bruce Bowen just put his foot on his back, come on man, he kicked Ray with some force on that play and it was intentional.

12. TimmyDMVP

They showed a differnt play down here in San Anto., i was at the game and thought is was the one above but then the news showed a different play.

13. hustler

hustler Revving up the Engine

Wow, you can totally see that the play was on purpose, just look at Artest's body language. He looks at Manu, hits him, and looks away.

14. playmaker15

playmaker15 JBB Droppin Dimes

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting shapecity:</div><div class="quote_post"> Still you have to wonder about the double standards the league enforces. The league suspends Artest for an intentional elbow, but they never suspended Bruce Bowen for intentionally kicking Ray Allen in the back.</div>

Or when he tried to take out VC when Vince lit him up for 40. Manu is notorious for elbowing and acting innocent as Jurassic stated. There is a double standard because I think they should both be suspended if they suspend one of them.

15. Really Lost One

Really Lost One Suspended

well, there goes the kings chances of winning game 2. you get what you get with ron ron. cant say im at all surprised or anything

16. TimmyDMVP

it sucks thought now when kings lose they will use that as their excuse

17. Yournewchef

Yournewchef Whippin up a cake.

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting TimmyDMVP:</div><div class="quote_post">it sucks thought now when kings lose they will use that as their excuse</div>

lol.

18. Salim For 3

Salim For 3 JBB JustBBall Member

Should've been a technical foul, maybe even an ejection - but not a suspension. Obviously it was intentional, but seriously. If Manu didn't even hit the floor, it's not worth a suspension. There wasn't intent of injuring the guy or anything, it's just sending a message. Like I said, that warrants a techincal, or ejection, but not suspension.

19. Really Lost One

Really Lost One Suspended

my question is, why didnt manu get suspended? wasnt he the one that hit artest first? also, i wouldnt be surprised if manu just flopped on that play.

20. Bibbinator

Bibbinator JBB Banned Member

I like Bonzi Wells okay. But it would be best if he learned to keep his mouth shut. Locally in Sacramento he's reportedly said "David Stern is nothing but a politician that has it out for Ron every since The Detroit incidant". It looks like Bonzi doing everything in his power to get a fine slapped on himself from the league. Bonzi has played well for the Kings this season. But it's to bad he can't show more class like Shareef, and just keep his two cents worth out of this. It's ignorance on Bonzi's part. Stern has congradulated Ron on a good come back year in the wake of last years record holding suspension -(73 Games.) So I don't beleive Stern has it out for Ron. But I do agree with Salim For 3. My personal oppinion is, this is worth one heck of a fine, but not a suspension. Although the elbow from Ron to Manu was only obviously intentional, and it's not totally far fetched that a suspension took place. I beleive the Kings will have a much harder outing in game 2 against the Spurs tommorow. Although I will admit it will be interesting seeing Francisco Garcia and Corliss Williamson split minutes in place of Ron. Both play very well, one for an old veteran and the other for a rookie. I wouldn't go as far as to say you can definately say "Their goes any chance of Sacramento winning". Although it will definately be alot harder to win in a game, that was going to be hard to win any way. Because Francisco, and Corliss don't equall Ron. Personalty wise their better, but their games aren't. But the player that really just needs to keep their mouth shut, atleast if it's gonna be whinning and negitivity is Bonzi. Go Kings!!!!![​IMG]