Ron Artest to the Timberwolves?

Discussion in 'Minnesota Timberwolves' started by mike18946, Jun 29, 2003.

1. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">A trade the Wolves still might make involves disabled point guard Terrell Brandon. The Wolves want Ron Artest of Indiana, but are uncertain whether the Pacers will part with the 6-7, 250-pounder. Look for Minnesota to wait until at least July 15, while Indiana tries to sign a replacement for Artest, before a deal for Brandon is made.
    </div>

This is one of the other trades wolves are planning to make this off season..wolves if they get artest if he stay calm will be great...

cassell
    wally
    artest
    garnett
    jackson

:shock:

2. GatorsowntheNCAA

GatorsowntheNCAA Omaha Bound 2010!

indiana would be stupid to do that. but twolves would be great.

3. Kid Canada

Kid Canada JBB Banned Member

that would be retarded for the pacers they should atleast get hudson for arterst.

4. truba03

truba03 JBB JustBBall Member

Isn't Artest a free agent anyway?

5. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

6. truba03

Has he signed an extension or is FBB wrong?

7. PacerB53

PacerB53 JBB JustBBall Member

He signed an extension

8. truba03

cheers Pacer

9. Ghost

Ghost BBW Member

great trade for wolves

10. GatorsowntheNCAA

GatorsowntheNCAA Omaha Bound 2010!

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "truba03":</div><div class="quote_post">Has he signed an extension or is FBB wrong?</div>

fbb has the most salaries that they can get, it doesn't have anything to do with the options. it just assumes that everyone signs for the option.

11. Alley-oop

Alley-oop JBB JustBBall Member

But would artest stay under control?

12. twolvefan11

twolvefan11 JBB Banned Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "Alley-oop":</div><div class="quote_post">But would artest stay under control?</div>

Saunders won't play him if he doesn't. I think he will get the message. He is one of the nicest guys to lead the league in T's though, so maybe he can pull a Kenyon Martin and change.

13. BRockwell

BRockwell JBB JustBBall Member

I don't think Artest needs to calm down much. Just enough to keep himself in the game. Tree Rollins made an entire career out of kicking people's asses under the hoop. There's no reason why an all-star level talent like Artest should tone down his physicality.

He would make the T-wolves a better play-off team instantly. He's tough as nails. This is the guy who broke MJ's ribs in a PICK-UP game and NOBODY has the balls to mess with MJ.

I can just imagine the look of horror on Wally Szcerbiak's face when he realizes he has to go up against Artest in practice every day. I can just imagine Artest pressuring him and Wally cringing and throwing his hands in the air, "Not in the face, Not in the face! My beautiful, beautiful face....*sob*".

On a side-note, if Szcerbiak could find a way to get his shot off consistently against Artest in practice, wouldn't he be able to score on basically everyone else in the league?

14. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

artest is exactly what the twolves need. and not only did artest break jordan's ribs, he body slammed jordan during the practice game. artest is considered pound for pound the strongest player in the nba. kg and artest are going to feed off each other's energy and the twolves are going to be one of the best defensive teams in the league if this trade goes through. wally is going to be terrified to go against artest in practice, and just imagine when artest starts barking at him for not playing hard on defense.

unfortunately artest has a target on him from the refs, so it won't take much for him to get T'd up. but i think kg, flip, & mchale will do a great job of keeping artest focused. kg is well respected in the league amongst his peers and i think artest would listen to him.

on a side note, artest said the toughest player he has had to defend by far was kobe bryant. i can't wait to see these two go at it four times a year and maybe again in the playoffs.

15. jbbFranchise

jbbFranchise JBB JustBBall Member

The wolves should get that trade done if they want to get better, shape's right, thats exactly what they need.