Ronald Murray

Discussion in 'Oklahoma City Thunder' started by uqlangel, Nov 9, 2003.

1. uqlangel

uqlangel JBB JustBBall Member

Who is Ronald Murray

After 3 games he is averaging 23ppg 4rpg 4 apg on 54% - he is the replacement for Ray Allen whilst he recovers where did this guy come from and can he keep up this sort of play and become a huge spark of the becnh for the Sonics.

Am also wondering what the benefit is for other two guards playing behind Ray rememeber another unknown who brokeout to become one of the leagues real up and comers, I am taking about Michael Redd his deputy in Milwaukee.

2. Henacy

Henacy JBB The Man like Sam

Ronald Murray was on the bucks at the start of last year but never got any playing time because the Bucks had to many perimeter players. He was a part of the Gary payton/Ray Allen trade. He was the bumb to be named later everybody thought it was going to be Dan Gagzordic(or however you spell his name) but it ended up being him.

3. Sir Desmond

Sir Desmond JBB Stig!

Another 24 and 7 tonight, the only Sonic to bring his game unfortunately. Drafted out of Shaw Div II University at pick 42 or something, Bucks liked him so much they gave him a guaranteed first rounder contract instead of the regular 1 year second rounder deal, which isn't even guaranteed.

Came out of Strawberry Mansions HS (I think that's the name) and was actually scouted by 2 or 3 big name colleges but his academic results weren't up to scratch. sat out a year at community college, then went to Shaw and immediately became a prolific scorer. Has a real knack for putting the ball in the hole, you'll likely see him stay around the 18-20ppg mark til Ray comes back.

Henacy, is was actually Pzybrilla who was going to be part of the deal, but it ended up being Flip. Thank god, too.

4. notmuchgame

notmuchgame JBB JustBBall Member

All i heard about him before this season was that he led Division 2 in scoring in his final year of college...

5. magicfrankie

magicfrankie JBB JustBBall Member

If I was the Sonics I would bring back Ray Allen verrrryyy slowly.....

6. InNETSweTrust

InNETSweTrust JBB Philippines' Finest

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting magicfrankie:</div><div class="quote_post">If I was the Sonics I would bring back Ray Allen verrrryyy slowly.....</div>

Ray Allen who?hehehe

i've read somewhere that Murray's previous career high was 8 points... [​IMG]

7. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

Murray has played really well so far...Been impressed by his play.He can also do more than just score as well.By passing the rock and rebounding the basketball.I guess when Ray comes back he will come off the bench but I would try a Allen,Murray and Lewis main 3 to start off with and see how it works.

8. bball guru

bball guru JBB JustBBall Member

If Ronald keeps it up. Is Brent going to be sitting when Ray comes back? hmmmmmm

9. Quyen

Quyen JBB JustBBall Member

hmm maybe...[​IMG] Ray has to be innnnn man...Brent would be a good 6th man.

10. Sir Desmond

Sir Desmond JBB Stig!

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting InNETSweTrust:</div><div class="quote_post">i've read somewhere that Murray's previous career high was 8 points... [​IMG]</div>

Haha that would have been about his career high in minutes too before this season, good to see him getting a chance.

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting BBall Guru:</div><div class="quote_post">If Ronald keeps it up. Is Brent going to be sitting when Ray comes back? hmmmmmm</div>

That's the problem, Nate tried out Murray as a point guard all through summer league and wasn't impressed with him, and IMO we need Bones on the floor as a steadying influence. I think what you'll see is Flip as 6th man, but he'll play the Dez Mason role and still get 25-30 minutes a game as a spark off the bench. This allows us to bring Ray off the bench for the first couple of games too, to get him back into the flow. It also means we don't have to rush him back.

11. mattyc

mattyc JBB JustBBall Member

Flip allows the Sonics to bring Ray Allen back slowly so to ensure he is 100% A-OK when he does return. As for the PG situation, I tend to agree with Sir Desmond in that Murray will rack up 30 odd minutes off the bench in a variety of roles.

12. Warrior

Warrior JBB JustBBall Member

Murray has been amazing thus far. A very big boost for my fantasy team as well. Seattle is very lucky to have someone like that come off the bench and fill in for an injured all star. Even if he has to take a seat on the bench when Ray Allen gets back they will have one hell of a sixth man.

13. Henacy

Henacy JBB The Man like Sam

Isnt he gonna guard Sam Cassell tonight now we get to see what kind of defense he can play, No more guarding Damon Stoudmire & keyon Dooling. He has to step it up a notch. first real test of the season. And the T-wolves are a better defensive team than any team he has faced so far.

14. BRockwell

BRockwell JBB JustBBall Member

When Allen returns there is a very good chance he and Barry will split starts depending on matchups. Murray is they type of explosive scorer who value off the bench is high because he can play both the '1' and the '2'. For now Brent Barry is the better basketball player, but is a great intangibles guy who has been effective off the bench in the past (he also plays both guard spots very well) so I think you'll see them either splitting starts or Murray being the starter, with Barry finishing games (which is far more important than starting them).

15. Sir Desmond

Sir Desmond JBB Stig!

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Henacy:</div><div class="quote_post">Isnt he gonna guard Sam Cassell tonight now we get to see what kind of defense he can play, No more guarding Damon Stoudmire & keyon Dooling. He has to step it up a notch. first real test of the season. And the T-wolves are a better defensive team than any team he has faced so far.</div>

Should be a good contest - he probably won't be able to stop cassell, which is where Antonio Daniels comes in, our best perimeter defender. However we all saw Cassell's defense in Milwaukee, Flip will burn him at the other end too. Should be a great battle.

16. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

Murray's stats at halftime

16 points 6-9 shooting 2 rebounds 3 assists [​IMG]

who wants jump on the Ronald Murray bandwagon?

*raises hand*

[​IMG]

17. Sir Desmond

Sir Desmond JBB Stig!

My guess is people are all jumping off the Rashard Lewis bandwagon and onto the Murray one, Lewis is having an absolute shocker tonight...