Rondo Looks Great!

Discussion in 'Boston Celtics' started by olskoolfunktitude, Oct 11, 2006.

1. olskoolfunktitude

olskoolfunktitude JBB The Pig Pirate

11 points 8 assists 5 rebounds 4 steals last night!
    29 points 5 assists 4 rebounds 3 steals tonight!

preseason shmeseason, that's a great start!

let's see if he can keep it up!

2. 44Thrilla

44Thrilla cuatro cuatro

<div class="quote_poster">olskoolFunktitude Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">11 points 8 assists 5 rebounds 4 steals last night!
    29 points 5 assists 4 rebounds 3 steals tonight!

preseason shmeseason, that's a great start!

let's see if he can keep it up!</div>

Yeah, nice start. I'm not surprised, though. I liked the pick from the start and I still say hes the best point guard that was in the draft. Don't be surprised to see him steal away minutes from Telfair and Delonte come regular season.

3. CeltixQueen

CeltixQueen JBB JustBBall Member

To be honest, I was a little upset earlier when the Celts didn't trade for Iverson, and ended up with Rondo. But he looks so good right now! He is playing on pure energy, he is like the energizer bunny. I swear, I cant even keep my eye on him during the game because the kid is so damn fast. He seems to have the mindset of a veteran player, he just makes some of those plays that experiences players make. He is always paying close attention to his surroundings, and is a very sneaky kid. Therefore, I see him raking up a good amount of steals and forcing some turnovers.
    It seems that he is a little more prepared than people gave him credit for when he came into the league. And, what are people talking about him being a "bad shooter"? I haven't seen any signs of that, especially, after he took that deep three point shot to tie the game last night and force overtime. I am really impressed with his all around game at this point, and am excited to see him play for a spot in the starting lineup.

4. rafy

rafy JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">44Thrilla Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Yeah, nice start. I'm not surprised, though. I liked the pick from the start and I still say hes the best point guard that was in the draft. Don't be surprised to see him steal away minutes from Telfair and Delonte come regular season.</div>

Me neither. I mean the kid is damn good right now, as he was in college. But he's literally oozing with potential. The only thing that surprised me was his outside shooting tbh.

5. Nasty

Nasty JBB Sorry, I killed Fever

Rondo > Bird?

6. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

Do you think Rondo's play will change Ainge's mind about Telfair and enter talks with Philly again about Iverson?

7. CeltixQueen

<div class="quote_poster">shapecity Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Do you think Rondo's play will change Ainge's mind about Telfair and enter talks with Philly again about Iverson?</div>

I think now that everyone is aware that Ainge really likes Iverson, that these rumors will resurface, over and over.

8. Flight#4

Flight#4 JBB JustBBall Member

Sounds eerily similar to Telfair, Quick guard with no jumper. Whats his D like? His 3pt shot?

West is still my fav from the 3 Pg's.

9. Squishface

Squishface JBB Ministering Fools

<div class="quote_poster">Flight#4 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Sounds eerily similar to Telfair, Quick guard with no jumper. Whats his D like? His 3pt shot?

West is still my fav from the 3 Pg's.</div>

Everyone keeps saying his jumper is non existent, but I don't agree. It's been said that he can't shoot, but I've seen nothing to back that up. He's been sharp in each game so far, and I expect he probably will continue to be as the season begins. As for his defense, it's tip top, he's very quick and has very good hands. His three hasn't been bad at all either. He's probably not going to be a three point option once the season starts, but so far he's been good. The fact that they handed him the ball to beat the buzzer with a three is a sign of pretty high levels of confidence from Doc et al.

10. CeltixQueen

Well said Squishface -- I don't see them running a bunch of plays where Rondo gets the ball as the clock expires, trying to win the game on a deep three....again. But it's good to know that he does have that range. His overall offense has looked good, his jump shot, and he is even very good at just driving to the hoop for a quick and easy lay-up. But his defense is outstanding! He forces so many turnovers due to his speed and athleticism. He is just one of those pesky defenders, and it always using his head. I agree, that it looks like Doc has a heck of a lot of confidence in him as well. At this point Rondo looks a heck of a lot better than Telfair does, he seems to be a bit more comfortable than him as well. I think Telfair is starting to get a bit concerned, as he should.

11. olskoolfunktitude

olskoolfunktitude JBB The Pig Pirate

If people say you can't shoot, and it turns out you can shoot quite well, but people continue to talk about how you can't shoot, then does that mean that you actually still can't shoot?

how's that for a mind bender.

the only reality is the one people choose to believe

12. CeltixQueen

<div class="quote_poster">olskoolFunktitude Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">If people say you can't shoot, and it turns out you can shoot quite well, but people continue to talk about how you can't shoot, then does that mean that you actually still can't shoot?

how's that for a mind bender.

the only reality is the one people choose to believe</div>
    [​IMG]
    Well, that sure is confusing. but lets just leave it at Rondo can shoot.

13. bengcord3

bengcord3 JBB JustBBall Member

rondo looks like he could end up being the steal of the draft...he has the speed and basketball sense to get open looks for our scorers, has always been known, and is showing in the preseason, that he his an incredible defender, and if he continues to shoot well will be unguardable due to his quickness...if we're looking at the high end of his potential, i believe he can be much better than tony parker, a better distributer, defender (obviously), shooter, and just as good at going to the hoop...i'm so excited to see this team play some real basketball soon, i just hope really hope big al can provide some scoring and i think the celts will make the playoffs

14. twool913

twool913 JBB JustBBall Member

oldskoolfunktitude that reminds me Stephen Colbert on the Colbert Report talking about "wikiality" which refers to wikipedia.com. It means that if everyone just looks at wikipedia and its not true, but everyone believes it, then it is true! Wow, but yeah I have yet to see Rondo play in the NBA and to be honest barely saw him play in college, so I'm interested to see how his game relays over to the league. It sounds like he's doing pretty well, good to hear.