Rookies impressing

Discussion in 'Orlando Magic' started by Ice, Mar 3, 2005.

1. Ice

Ice JBB Member

Nelson and Howard are now both starters for Orlando - what are your thoughts on our two new guys?

Some quotes by the rookies:
    <div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">"Any role that's given to you, you've got to fulfill it, whether it's coming off the bench or starting," Nelson said. "I was comfortable coming off the bench."</div>

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">"I don't think me and Jameer were the only part of us winning; tonight we played as a team," Howard said. "And I know I'm not the focal point of our offense. My time will come. Right now I'm just trying to make Grant [Hill] and Steve [Francis] better players by setting screens for them."</div>

2. magicdamo23

magicdamo23 JBB JustBBall Member

I love the both of them. I love the fact we have a great forward and guard that look like they both will go far.

Dwight right now isnt even being shown to his fullest, he can score 20+ easy, and I mean real easy, and he already has a great game on the boards and blocking.
    Jameer is a great full point guard, he gives his all and really fills out 5 or 6 categories, and does it well.

Looks good, considering many of the other elements of the team are young or relativly young (francis isnt that long into the league, Hedo is only just in, Cato and Battie are "vets" at 7 years)

3. GatorsowntheNCAA

GatorsowntheNCAA Omaha Bound 2010!

Yeah these 2 will be a great future. Jameer has really been one of the biggest surprises of the season. Honestly I didn't think he would be that good and I'm glad he's turning his game up a notch now for the playoff run. He reminds me a lot of Thud at the end of quarters. The other team makes it with 3 secs left and Jameer races down to the other end and nails either a jumper or a layup. He's going to be an awesome player and he will be leading us on some championship runs too.

You all know how I like Dwight, so I don't have to say it. I agree with magicdamo, I don't think he's used to his fullest yet. He is a dunking machine.