Rosenhaus strikes again...

Discussion in 'NFC North' started by Pats37, Jul 6, 2005.

1. Pats37

Pats37 The Next Big Thing

Now Grady Jackson wants a new deal...who the hell does Rosenhaus think he is...I'm so sick of hearing his name...I pray he doesn't try and invade the pats lockeroom....I hope Green bay, just like Philly is doing, just ignores this jackass.

2. DP

DP He shoots, he scores!

What the hell! -growls-

3. panthersare#1

panthersare#1 The GM

If teams dont give into the players agents, then it will help in the long term by showing the players that the team wont give in in a holdout

4. Pack Attack

Pack Attack The KISS Army

Grady Jackson is pretty underpaid, but he signed the contract extension. He's getting older and missed six games with injury last year. He, like T.O., is looking for one last big payday.

Rosenhaus needs a visit from the mafia, methinks...

5. Pack Attack

Now they're talking about seeking a trade or holding out if the Packers don't pay more... Grrrr....

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Grady Jackson could hold out over contract

MILWAUKEE - Nose tackle Grady Jackson could hold out or seek a trade if the Green Bay Packers don't improve his contract, his new agent said Wednesday.

The 340-pound Jackson has a year left on a two-year, $2.31 million deal. Drew Rosenhaus said the 32-year-old Jackson is a "premier player" on the Packers defense and should be paid that way.

"He's obviously underpaid for his position and level of contribution," he said.

Rosenhaus said he talked to Packers executives Tuesday, and they indicated they wanted Jackson to play out his contract and would evaluate him after the season ends.

"We may need to look at a trade or potentially a holdout until the team changes their position," Rosenhaus said.</div>

6. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

If I ever meet Drew Rosehaus I am going to murder him I think.

Anyone want to bail me out.

7. Bearsfan1

Bearsfan1 2 Time Defending FF Champion

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (porky88)</div><div class='quotemain'>If I ever meet Drew Rosehaus I am going to murder him I think.

Anyone want to bail me out.</div>

Why? He is doing his job. No NFL players contract is gauranteed from the teams side, so why should the player have to honor it?

8. panthersare#1

panthersare#1 The GM

Not all of his players that want new contracts hold out, like Dan Morgan really wants a extension on his contract because he is going into the last year, and he has decided to just focus on getting the panthers to another super bowl

9. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BearsFan1)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (porky88)</div><div class='quotemain'>If I ever meet Drew Rosehaus I am going to murder him I think.

Why? He is doing his job. No NFL players contract is gauranteed from the teams side, so why should the player have to honor it?</div>

Easy for you to say. How would you feel if Grossman,Urlacher held out. Probably piss you off.

If you sign a contract you should honor it. Unless you out play it and you have a year left. Walker has 2 years left on his contract and Jackson is not one of the top NT in the league like Rosehaus says.

Plus Mike Mckenzie last year. He force his trade.

10. Bearsfan1

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (porky88)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BearsFan1)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (porky88)</div><div class='quotemain'>If I ever meet Drew Rosehaus I am going to murder him I think.

Why? He is doing his job. No NFL players contract is gauranteed from the teams side, so why should the player have to honor it?</div>

Easy for you to say. How would you feel if Grossman,Urlacher held out. Probably piss you off.

If you sign a contract you should honor it. Unless you out play it and you have a year left. Walker has 2 years left on his contract and Jackson is not one of the top NT in the league like Rosehaus says.

Plus Mike Mckenzie last year. He force his trade.</div>

Lets say you were a player, and you signed 5 year contract as middle rd draft pick. 1st year of contract you become all-pro. This trigger incentives to raise base salary of 3rd year of contract to 7million from league minimum. You then play at all pro level all year through 2nd year. Until, 16th game you suffer career ending injury. The team cuts you and you get nothing. If they dont have to honor, why should you?

11. Pack Attack

If you sign a contract, you should honor it. Period. And if you DO want an extension or re-negotiation, it should never leave the front office or locker room. Going to the media and complaining is just bad PR for the player and for the team. It's crap.

Rosenhaus is a weenie.

12. Bearsfan1

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Pack Attack)</div><div class='quotemain'>If you sign a contract, you should honor it. Period. And if you DO want an extension or re-negotiation, it should never leave the front office or locker room. Going to the media and complaining is just bad PR for the player and for the team. It's crap.

Rosenhaus is a weenie.</div>

Seems hippocritical when I never have heard you lay into the packers for not honoring a contract when they cut someone for cap reasons

13. kcgsc

kcgsc Chiefs Enthusiast Extraordinaire

I can't believe it quite honestly, but I agree with BF1 here (Stop the presses). I am in favor of making a player honor their contract if the team is forced to do the same. Unfortunately what that would get us eventually is one-year contracts for every player in the league (so as to not risk too much money).

14. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

personally i would ask for an extension but I wouldn't hold out like a Bit#h just to miss Training camp. All these guys will be playing come the opening day or week 4 or 5 at the latest.

15. Vikings_4life

Vikings_4life nfl-*****s member

I hate to say this, but I agree with BF1.

16. DolfanDale

DolfanDale Active Member

I agree with BF1 as well. Why should players have to honor contracts if teams aren't held to the same level of accountability? I didn't hear anyone bashing the Titans when they cut Schulters to save a bunch of money. Teams cut players all the time to save money. Why shouldn't a player talk to the media? Coaches and owners use the media to send messages to players all the time.

17. Pack Attack

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Seems hippocritical when I never have heard you lay into the packers for not honoring a contract when they cut someone for cap reasons</div>

Joe Johnson... The Packers gave him a huge signing bonus and guaranteed money. He sucked. They cut him. They lost the signing bonus and he stayed on as "dead money" on the cap for two years. He got his payday and the Packers got screwed.

It DOES work both ways.

18. Bearsfan1

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Pack Attack)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Seems hippocritical when I never have heard you lay into the packers for not honoring a contract when they cut someone for cap reasons</div>

Joe Johnson... The Packers gave him a huge signing bonus and guaranteed money. He sucked. They cut him. They lost the signing bonus and he stayed on as "dead money" on the cap for two years. He got his payday and the Packers got screwed.

It DOES work both ways.</div>

He didnt get the entire value of contract which had millions remaining on it. I guess it is ok for team to honor 70% of contract but not player

19. Eagles4Life

Eagles4Life He Hate Me

The players signed this deal as part of the CBA, so they have to live with it. If they dont like it, they can always strike and get a new deal in 2007/2008.

20. Pats37

Pats37 The Next Big Thing

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DolfanDale)</div><div class='quotemain'>I agree with BF1 as well. Why should players have to honor contracts if teams aren't held to the same level of accountability? I didn't hear anyone bashing the Titans when they cut Schulters to save a bunch of money. Teams cut players all the time to save money. Why shouldn't a player talk to the media? Coaches and owners use the media to send messages to players all the time.</div>

The thing is..this system keeps players playing hard and playing to their ability so they can get that payday and when they do they can't just lay back and not work because they are set for life thus making the league a much better product than the NBA where players get huge deals all the time never to be heard from again and even in baseball as well....