Round 2--game 1

Discussion in 'Boston Celtics' started by Old Hoss, May 4, 2003.

1. Old Hoss

Old Hoss JBB JustBBall Member

Boston at New Jersey 700pm

Regular season

Game #11 Boston-96 New Jersey-79
    Game #28 New Jersey-117 Boston-81
    Game #65 New Jersey-90 Boston-75
    Game #67 New Jersey-87 Boston-74

In last years Conference finals, New Jersey beat Boston in 6 games. Boston led the series 2 games to 1 and lost game 4 by only 2 points (94-92).

New Jersey has beaten Boston 6 of the last 7 times they have played (including playoffs)...........will this continue?

2. Phi_Slamma_Jamma

Phi_Slamma_Jamma JBB JustBBall Member

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/preview?gameId=230505017

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">EAST RUTHERFORD, New Jersey (Ticker) -- The New Jersey Nets try to repeat their performance in last year's Eastern Conference finals when they begin their conference semifinal series against the Boston Celtics at Continental Airlines Arena on Monday.

Last season, the Nets defeated the Celtics, 4-2, to reach the NBA Finals for the first time. New Jersey then was swept by the Los Angeles Lakers in the championship round.

The lower-seeded Celtics took Games Two and Three last season to grab a brief 2-1 lead, but the Nets closed out the series with three straight wins.

Second-seeded New Jersey advanced to the conference semifinals with a six-game victory over Milwaukee.

On Thursday, the Nets closed out the series with a 113-101 triumph at the Bradley Center as Kenyon Martin scored 29 points and Jason Kidd contributed 22, 11 rebounds and 11 assists.

Sixth-seeded Boston also won its first-round series in six games, finishing off third-seeded Indiana with a 110-90 romp at home on Thursday.

Paul Pierce scored 27 points and Antoine Walker 21 for the Celtics, who led by double digits the final 40 minutes.

The Nets won three of four against the Celtics this season, including both games here.</div>

3. olskoolfunktitude

olskoolfunktitude JBB The Pig Pirate

the celtics fuked themselves tonight. they had the cchance to steal homecourt advantage and they blew it. The nets arent going to play as bad as they did tonight for the rest of the series and if the nets take game two, this one is over baby. [​IMG]

4. jjdaman20

jjdaman20 BBW Member

yea it's over if the nets take game 2 but seeing as the Celts r better than the Bucks...I don't think Nets will take it

5. Old Hoss

Old Hoss JBB JustBBall Member

I expected NJ to win game 1 and they did. If Boston can take game 2, then they have they're balls in a vice and that would be nice.

6. Hot Sauce JR

Hot Sauce JR JBB JustBBall Member

See i told u all lookout for my NETS baby but no one will listen to me.

7. olskoolfunktitude

olskoolfunktitude JBB The Pig Pirate

how can we listen to you u i u never speak up boy??

anyway yea maybe the nets will beat the celtics and go to the finals but dont fool yourself into thinking theyre some great team.. the only reason they do anything is casue of how pitiful the easat as a whole is. any other year and theyre the 4th or 5th seed and get eliminatedf int hte first or second round