Roxette singer Marie Fredriksson dead at 61

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by truebluefan, Dec 11, 2019.

1. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Swedish singer Marie Fredriksson, one-half of pop duo Roxette, died Monday after a 17-year battle with cancer, her management company confirmed. She was 61. Fredriksson's partner in Roxette, Per Gessle, paid tribute on Tuesday.

"Time goes by so quickly. It’s not that long ago we spent days and nights in my tiny apartment in Halmstad, listening to music we loved, sharing impossible dreams. And what a dream we eventually got to share," she said in a statement.

"Thank you, Marie, thanks for everything. You were an outstanding musician, a master of the voice, an amazing performer," Gessle continued. "Thanks for painting my black and white songs in the most beautiful colors. You were the most wonderful friend for over 40 years. I’m proud, honored and happy to have been able to share so much of your time, talent, warmth, generosity and sense of humor. All my love goes out to you and your family. Things will never be the same."

read more https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/roxette-singer-marie-fredriksson-dead-at-61-150112171.html