Roy quits Avalanche

Discussion in 'New York Rangers' started by NYR31, Aug 11, 2016.

1. NYR31

NYR31 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Dude is a douche but props for not being a sheep and leaving if he's not getting buy in from the front office.

http://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/17274440/patrick-roy-resigns-colorado-avalanche-coach

"Saying that he doesn't have enough of a "say in the decisions that impact the team's performance,"

To achieve this, the vision of the coach and VP-Hockey Operations needs to be perfectly aligned with that of the organization. He must also have a say in the decisions that impact the team's performance. These conditions are not currently met."

2. kreidertime

kreidertime Well-Known Member

Sorry. He's not the GM and should have no say in the decisions of building the team. That's the problem with these coaches. They get God complexes. They think they are GM's. If that moron Keenan had his way he wanted to trade Leetch in 1994. Roy is an awful NHL coach. He has a terrible temper and can't relate to grown men. He's meant to coach young kids in juniors. AV's job is to shut his mouth and coach the team. Glass should have been taken away from stubborn jackass AV last year. He should have been ordered to play McIlrath full time or been fired.

I am on record and always have been that 95% of all GM's are morons. No different with coaches. Coaches play favorites and fall in love with players who aren't all that good. Happens in every sport. You see it with Girardi and Hicks who fucking sucks. AV with Girardi, Boyle and Glass. You saw it with the Knicks with the scrubs they played over Grant. You saw it with the Giants and Randle who should have been benched halfway thru the year cause he sucked ass. You see it with the Mets and asswipe Collin's refusal to play Flores on a regular basis.

Coaches can't be trusted at all. So, you really have to pray that your GM can have some creativity at some point to build the team properly.

3. NYR31

NYR31 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I agree with a lot of what you said, but i think that since the GM picks the coach that they should be in sync on how to run the team. I believe the team is most successful when both coach and GM are pulling in the same direction and share the same philosophies. If there is a disconnect between the 2 parties it diminishes the team's ability to succeed, and that is why i actually give credit to Roy who is probably also walking away from millions.

4. strudwickisthebest

strudwickisthebest Well-Known Member

Roy only walked because he knows he can easily get a coaching job somewhere else

5. kreidertime

Yeah? Where? I wouldn't hire him. He's a hothead. He thinks he's a GM. GM's don't want to hire coaches that tell them how to do their job. I don't think he will ever get another NHL coaching job. I think he's finished in the NHL. Only place left for him is in the minors.

6. strudwickisthebest

There's a place for him.... Just like there is always a place for torts

7. kreidertime

Torts won a cup. That's why he got another job. Roy had one good year. I don't see them be comparable.

8. strudwickisthebest

Nobody is comparing them. if a team needs an HC it is likely that he will be considered.

9. kreidertime

Nobody will sign him. Trust me. He's a well known asshole to the league. He will not get another NHL coaching job.