Royce getting a lot of love on ESPN

Discussion in 'Oregon Ducks' started by Natebishop3, Dec 15, 2014.

1. Natebishop3

Natebishop3 Don't tread on me!

http://espn.go.com/college-football...ine-headlines-true-freshman-all-american-team

2. Quack U!

Quack U! Member

He's a machine and he'll only get stronger in the offseason. Knock on wood for NOOOOO injuries, and this kid should be on Heisman watch by November. I sort of hope he explodes on the Heisman level his junior year though.

3. STOMP

STOMP mere fan

it's not a very accurate recap by ESPN. Royce Tyner & Marshall were all named starters at the beginning of the year, but of course with Braylon's injury they'd moved Byron primarily into the slot. Through the first couple of games Freeman and Tyner more or less split the load. When TT started getting nicked with injury and missing games, Royce took over as the primary RB. Obviously he did great with his opportunity.

With Braylon coming back next season Marshall will be back in the backfield... thats according to Byron. I bet we see more of Nelson and possibly Freshman Lovette in the slot next year as well. BM's 1000+ yards and 6.2 Soph average was very comparable to what Royce accomplished this year. Hopefully Tyner is fully mended & it will be interesting to see what touted speedster Tony James can bring. Hopefully Taj is good to go from his ACL too. All that quality depth leads me to expect more of a RB by committee approach next season... and collectively they should be a very solid unit again. However, I'm truly concerned about the OLine next season. Will Johnstone finally make it back? Will the young guys be able to step into the big voids left by Stevens Grasu & Fisher? How that unit does will go a long ways to determining how effective the running game is able to be.

STOMP

4. Quack U!

Quack U! Member

Losing that many good O lineman with GREAT CONTINUITY most important to me, is a problem for sure. Yet Brenner, Pisarcik, becoming your new centers and have played a bunch, with Johnstone back, add Andre Y and Crosby who's played all year, with Hunt I think we'll be okay! Remember the Man Child Eggert will be unleashed next year too. That and Bair as backups are some sizeable nasties! I also think that Okun is going to be a beast in the trenches backing up Hunt or Crosby.

As for Royce, he's the wrecking ball, so he has a niche spot no one will take. I would not mind having Byron and TT spelling him majorly to spare his knees and to help prevent wear and tear, but they'll have to produce back there or it's all going through Royce again.

We are ridiculously deep at Tazr and receivers going forward! This is beyond a pick your poison on the offense. We'll have Addison, Stanford, Carrington, Allen, J Brown, and Ofidile coming in. In the Tazr we'll have James, Nelson and oh we could also use Royce and Marshall there too cause both can catch. Factor in we may get Pharaoh back "let's hope" and if not we have three TE's ready to go.

We're just deep!! I have big trust in Greatwood to have this line ready to rock!

Geez.... we're sooooo deep I forget to mention Taj in this response! So much talent!!!!

Last edited: Dec 18, 2014