Rumble might get suspended for a Facebook rant [update: Rumble punished but not out of fight]

Discussion in 'MMA - Mixed Martial Arts' started by speeds, Aug 21, 2015.

1. speeds

speeds $2.50 highball, $1.50 beer Staff Member Administrator GFX Team

An irate Anthony Johnson took to Facebook the other day to let everybody know what he thought of a fellow gym patron:

To the ugly girl in the gym built like a bag of dog food, this is for you. If you get in my way or any other [athlete’s] way again I’ll throw your yoga mat across the gym AGAIN.

Who in their right mind stretches where [people] are supposed to lift? Don’t ever run your mouth at me again you won’t win that battle I will. Talking about it was rude that I lifted next to you while you were stretching. You need more than stretching to help that beat up body.

Run to the front desk again crying talking about you feel [threatened] and gonna go to social media. I really don’t care! I’ve been through worse!

That’s [an] athlete’s gym not a yoga studio. That fake crying does nothing for anybody btw. Just like the guy said you live in his neighborhood and you exaggerate and overreact all the time.

So one more time don’t run your mouth and don’t do yoga stretching where [people] lift weights or I’ll snatch the mat from under you AGAIN and throw it AGAIN.

Understand? Good girl...

The UFC suspended Johnson in 2014 after he was accused of domestic violence and returned once the civil case was dismissed. The UFC have announced that they are investigating this incident and tirade although it seems a suspension would be harsh. Johnson has apologized.

[​IMG]

2. JFizzleRaider

JFizzleRaider Sad Panda Global Moderator

While hilarious, I've always gotten the feeling rumble wasn't the smartest guy in the world. Why vent this to the world when you know it will cause you drama

3. speeds

Anthony Johnson has been ordered by the UFC to get some kind of gender issues counseling and will make a donation to a women's charity in lieu of any kind of real disciplinary action-- so, the fight goes on.

4. oldmangrouch

oldmangrouch persona non grata

A suspension for harsh language would have been overkill. You have to give people room to be human.

5. speeds

True but the UFC has reason to be concerned seeing as how they suspended him about a year ago for domestic- which apparently wasn't his first.