Rumor: Lakers Interested in Hedo?

Discussion in 'Los Angeles Lakers' started by Lost One, Jul 8, 2010.

1. Lost One

Lost One ...

Just a rumor I saw. Colin Cowsherd, or however you spell his name said on the radio that the Lakers were interested in trading for Hedo.

I know the guy has a big contract, but he can play (just look back at the Finals against the Magic), he just wasn't a good fit in Toronto. As far as his contract goes, it's pretty big, but it expires in 2014 when all our guys are off the books, so it fits into the 2014 plan.

It seems like Buss may be trying to go all out with rumors of Lebron/Bosh/Wade. My guess is that any trade involving Hedo will include Sasha and Luke's contracts, plus a sign and trade of Shannon Brown (Raptors were interested in him). Shannon is young and athletic and fits in with their young guys. Sasha expires after the season, and Luke's contract expires before Hedo's. This may be the best offer Toronto can get because I don't see any other team willing to take his contract off their hands.

pg: Fisher, Blake
    sg: Kobe, ???
    sf: Artest, Hedo, Ebanks
    pf: Gasol, Odom, Caracter
    c: Bynum, ???

that's a very solid second unit, but I'm not sure if the rumors are legit or not lol

not sure if Hedo would want coming off the bench either, or reduced minutes at that.

2. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

It's a talent upgrade if the Lakers can pull that deal off. This gives us A LOT of flexibility in the front court and PJax can exploit mis matches.

3. Moo2K4

Moo2K4 NBA West Producer

If we can pull it off, I'm cool with it. We'd have flexibility and a ton of depth. Hedo also gives us another good ball handler that could work well with Kobe on the court too, which would take a lot of pressure off him.

4. Mamba

Mamba The King is Back Staff Member Global Moderator

I'm all for it.

Hedo can hit big shots and can knock the 3 down, right? He'll probably see a lot of PT spelling Kobe and Artest.

5. kobeownslebron

kobeownslebron 14-6

I don't mind. Imo he only sucked last year because he wasn't on a championship contender.