Sacramento vs Milwaukee.

Discussion in 'Milwaukee Bucks' started by Crossover, Feb 10, 2004.

1. Crossover

Crossover JBB JustBBall Member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Sacramento Kings (35 - 13)
    <font size="1">Road: 12-9
    Last 10: 6-4</font>

Milwaukee Bucks (27 - 23)
    <font size="1">Home: 20-5
    Last 10: 5-5</font>

Previous Game
    Denver 92 @Sacramento 115
    New Orleans 97 @ Milwaukee 107

Team History
    They haven't yet played this season.

Probable Starters
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Mike Bibby (SK) against TJ Ford (MB)
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Doug Christie (SK) against Michael Redd (MB)
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Peja Stojakovic (SK) against Tim Thomas (MB)
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Brad Miller (SK) against Joe Smith (MB)
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Vlade Divac (SK) against Brian Skinner (MB)

Key Matchup
    [​IMG] vs. [​IMG]

Suprisingly, the key matchup isn't between two starters, but a starter and a bench player.

Peja Stojakovic: 25.3 PPG (.480 FG%), 6.10 RPG, 2.1 APG
    Desmond Mason: 13.0 PPG (.473 FG%), 4.40 RPG, 2.0 APG

Injuries

<u>Sacramento Kings</u>
    Chris Webber

<u>Milwaukee Bucks</u>
    Joel Przybilla

Keys to the Game:

<u>Sacramento Kings</u>
    <ul>
    [*]Contain Michael Redd
    [*]Stop Desmond Mason from providing energy
    [*]Get into the running game early
    [*]Keep the crowd from getting involved
    [*]Set good screens for Peja
    [/list]

<u>Milwaukee Bucks</u>
    <ul>
    [*]Get the crowd into the game
    [*]Stop Peja Stojakovic
    [*]Run both ends of the floor
    [*]Force turnovers and bad shots
    [*]Make Peja go right
    [/list]

Just a reminder...
    Both teams have offensive powerhouse shooters in Peja and Michael. Both could easily keep going, and we should be looking forward to a high scoring contest.

Crossover's Prediction
    Milwaukee is nearly unstoppable at home, so if the Kings want to win, it is absolutely neccessary to keep the crowd out of the game. Redd will likely get going early, so they must get Peja to hit his shots to keep things balanced. Redd is a slight advantage because he can create his own shot, so force him to the outside shots. Desmond Mason will likely come out early and D up on Peja, and he's a damn good defender, too. He'll be forcing Peja into double teams and force him to go baseline, and he's a major source of energy for the Bucks. If he comes off and gets a dunk, even a weak one, the crowd will go wild. Keep him away from the rim at all costs.

Because of Milwaukee's home record, I'll say they'll get this game by 7.

2. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

65-62 to Kings at Halftime

Kings shooting 69%, Bucks 60%

Thats some crazy scoring

Kukoc has 18 points off the bench, Mason with 13 also off the bench

anyone watching this game? is it as great as it looks?

Weird thing is, Michael Redd only has 3 points and still they rack up 62 in one half of basketball.

3. Crossover

And the Kings win it, 124-117. Michael Redd ended with a mere 20 points, but Peja dropped 30 plus one on the Bucks. Mason finished it with 21 off the bench.

Hard to argue with their home record, but the Kings just had too much firepower. Bucks are now 20-6 at home with a loss to Sacramento, but I don't think they'll be too angry to lose to the Kings.

4. Rave

Rave JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Crossover:</div><div class="quote_post">And the Kings win it, 124-117. Michael Redd ended with a mere 20 points, but Peja dropped 30 plus one on the Bucks. Mason finished it with 21 off the bench.

Hard to argue with their home record, but the Kings just had too much firepower. Bucks are now 20-6 at home with a loss to Sacramento, but I don't think they'll be too angry to lose to the Kings.</div>

Whoa that is strange, only 20 for the impacting Redd. I really wanted the Bucks to win this, I thought they were capable of it. Nah I'm wrong, I know they are. Just a tough night, afterall everybody loses.

Not too surprising though, the Kings are one of the best teams in the league. Their awesome team chemistry must've been too much for them to handle. Glad to see DMase still bringing his A Game in there. Tough loss, good try though. Don't worry you'll be much better next year.

5. MiltownBeers

MiltownBeers JBB JustBBall Member

I was at this game. Sacramento's offense was pure perfection. Their off-the-ball screening and cutting was flawless, which in turn led to high percentage layups.

I thought Milwaukee played extremely well scoring enough to stay within reach of winning this game. In my opinion, the officiating was once again biased against the bucks, especially concerning T.J. Ford's 5 questionable fouls.

All in all, credit Sac with a good, well-executed road win against a team playing well at home. Peja is definitely the purest shooter in the league this season and this team, with the addition of CWebb, should be the top seed in the West come the playoffs.

6. BuckFanatic22

BuckFanatic22 JBB JustBBall Member

I was at the game as well, and I agree with Miltownbeers, the kings put on an offensive clinic pretty much the whole game. they pass the ball so good from PG-Center. I can't be upset with this win, but the kings know they got away with one, they shot as good as they could of and the bucks answered most of the game, but down the stretch when you got vlade, miller hitting 20 footers, not much you can do, and Bibby was amazing, very clutch.

But as far as teh kings offense goes, that is the best offensive performance I have seen in a long time, they shot the ball well, passed the ball well, and did it the WHOLE GAME, that's what amazed me. Bucks didn't lose this one, Kings won it.

7. baralufficus

baralufficus JBB JustBBall Member

I Watched the game , and it was a crazy offensive game .....After watching the 1st quarter , i thought the Kings were going to pull away early ...Up by 15 at one time , ONly to watch Kukoc hit like 4 Three pointers in a row , and swiftly put the Bucks back in the game only down 3 at the half ...I was definitly nervous , but enjoyed watching the Kings keep playing good the whole game ....I was thinking they would run out of gas a little bit towards the end of the game ...But Vlade was clutch in the last minute of the game , as was Bibby ...A very entertaining game ...But aint all Kings games ??

Go Kings ~

8. Ed!

Ed! JBB JustBBall Member

Whoa, now that's offense

9. Crossover

Yep, and all in regulation, too.

So, even though I said the Bucks would win, I said the win would come by seven. Does that mean I can still take credit for the prediction? lol.