Sad News Jose Uribe Passed Away

Discussion in 'Warriors Lounge' started by Shapecity, Dec 8, 2006.

1. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

He was killed in a car crash today. He was one of my favorite Giants growing up and had one of the best at-bat intros. Uuuuuuuuuuribe.

Thanks for the memories Jose R.I.P.

2. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

[​IMG]

Too many unfortunate accidents related to home! That SF guy who died when his car broke down in harsh weather and now this.

3. Run BJM

Run BJM Heavy lies the crown. Staff Member Global Moderator

<div class="quote_poster">custodianrules2 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">[​IMG]

Too many unfortunate accidents related to home! That SF guy who died when his car broke down in harsh weather and now this.</div>

Yeah, did you know that guy who died trying to find help for his family was an editor at CNET.com? It was creepy, today I went on CNET to look at some reviews on MP3 players and one of the MP3 players I looked at had his video review on it. Weird.

4. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

<div class="quote_poster">Run BJM Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Yeah, did you know that guy who died trying to find help for his family was an editor at CNET.com? It was creepy, today I went on CNET to look at some reviews on MP3 players and one of the MP3 players I looked at had his video review on it. Weird.</div>

[​IMG]

Yeah I knew. The sad thing is that if that cell phone ping had not located his daughters and wife he would have failed in saving them.

If I ever go in those remote areas I'm bringing food, blankets/zero degree sleeping bags, a compass, water, etc.

I don't know the whole story, but maybe if they had fuel they could escape and get out of there. They were on the roads, but I couldn't see how they got stuck... it was clear, no snow looked like. They say they ran out of fuel trying to use up the heaters. Then they burned their tires because they ran out of fuel.... hmmm. If they had fuel and tires maybe they didn't need to resort to exposing themselves to the elements and go out on foot?

Also if I was stuck, I wouldn't wait until I was too tired, cold, or dehydrated to make the trek... I'd go immediately after it was pretty clear no one was goin to show up. It's like waiting for a date for more than an hour with no phone call. She ain't showing!

I'm feeling guilty talking about what could have been done to possibly prevent death, but who knows what could have been done after they were lost and supposedly stuck. All I knows is they weren't the only family to get lost in the great outdoors and remote roads in bad weather.

5. AlleyOop

AlleyOop JBB JustBBall Member

Yeah, I still remember my dad listening to Giants games in the summer when I was a kid. He would work out in the yard and we would play whiffle ball. We would use line-ups and keep track of order, and adopt the appropriate stance for each player. I remember pretending to bat like Uribe. Back then I had no concept of what made a good player in the MLB. I just remember the spirit of each of "our guys" on the Giants; guys like Thompson, Clark, Krukow, Brenly, Williams, Maldonado, and Jose Uribe.

Prayers going out to Uribe's family.