Sasha Vujacic signs with Turkish team

Discussion in 'International Basketball' started by truebluefan, Jul 16, 2011.

1. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

New Jersey Nets guard Sasha Vujacic has signed with a Turkish team for next season.

Anadolu Efes said Friday the 27-year old Slovenian guard agreed to a one-year deal with an optional second year. It did not say whether Vujacic has an option to return to New Jersey if the NBA lockout is lifted.

"The reasoning behind my decision to join Efes, is that besides being the most successful team in Turkish Basketball history, Efes also competes in the Euroleague against the top teams in Europe," Vujacic said in a statement on his website Friday. "With the uncertainty of the NBA lockout, I couldn't imagine myself not competing and taking a break from basketball, which is what I do and live for. I hope the NBA and NBPA reach an agreement soon and I also hope that I will have the chance to play in the NBA again. However, right now I can't wait to touch down in Istanbul and help my new team reach the best results possible."

Read more: http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/sto...guard-sasha-vujacic-signs-turkish-club-season