Scott Podsednik wins it in the 9th!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Rex Grossman 8, Oct 23, 2005.

1. Rex Grossman 8

Rex Grossman 8 NFLC nflcentral.net Member

Re: Scott Podsednik wins it in the 9th!!!!!!!!

Pods wins it in the 9th!!!!!!!!!

2. BoLTz21

BoLTz21 NFLC nflcentral.net Member

After yet another horrible officiating job by the Umps.Can someone say Black Sox?It's kind've ironic how ALL of the bad calls go Chicago's way..

3. Rex Grossman 8

Can someone say jealous.They're capitalizing on the calls like it or not.

4. BoLTz21

Jealous? Yeah I'm jealous because I want to play in the World Series? lol.. I hate playing baseball.. I played it for 8 years and hated every second of it.Granted The White Sox beat Boston cleanly and convincingly, they sure didn't beat The Angels without like 5-6 bad calls going their way. Looks like it's going to be the same way against Houston. Only way they get runs on the board is if the umps make a bad call and put them on base.I've lost alott've love for baseball this postseason, the Umps are horrible.

5. JHair

JHair NFLC nflcentral.net Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sUpEr21cHaRgEd @ Oct 24 2005, 06:21 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>Granted The White Sox beat Boston cleanly and convincingly, they sure didn't beat The Angels without like 5-6 bad calls going their way. Looks like it's going to be the same way against Houston. Only way they get runs on the board is if the umps make a bad call and put them on base.I've lost alott've love for baseball this postseason, the Umps are horrible.</div> Good F'ing call my man. I agree 100%

6. The Marine

The Marine BBW Member

Same here. I've seen what happened and this year is a diaster for Baseball. This better be fixed next year or this will just get worse and worse. I think we need replays for Baseball. Or is the Umpire just blind or something?

7. Rex Grossman 8

Astros bullpen sucked for a 2nd straight night and that never happens with their bullpen.So it's not just the umps fault.Even Jermaine Dye said the ball hit his bat.

8. JHair

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (xpostxscript @ Oct 24 2005, 06:25 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>I think we need replays for Baseball. Or is the Umpire just blind or something?</div> Replays should DEFINATELY be installed in post-season games.

9. BoLTz21

Just let Coaches have challenges like in football, like 2 or 3 so it doesn't "hold up the game" , wich seems to be the almighty excuse everyone uses in regards to Instant Replay and Baseball. Like the game isn't slow already? Please..If they get the challenge wrong than the man at bat/on base is rewarded a base or something.

10. ortiz34

ortiz34 BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sUpEr21cHaRgEd @ Oct 24 2005, 05:53 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>Just let Coaches have challenges like in football, like 2 or 3 so it doesn't "hold up the game" , wich seems to be the almighty excuse everyone uses in regards to Instant Replay and Baseball. Like the game isn't slow already? Please..If they get the challenge wrong than the man at bat/on base is rewarded a base or something.</div> Yeah, they should, and have replays and all. This is the worst officiating I've ever seen in any sport. Last year the umps did a great job in the playoffs, right calls and meetings after a weird play. Like that ball that the person touched in the Yankees Red Sox game 7 to make it look like it was a fair ball when it was a homerun.

11. SickVick7

SickVick7 NFLC Banned

The officiating was terrible the whole postseason, and yes every call did go the White Sox way. Baseball is so freekin boring and to make me hate it even more they don't have instant replay and the games go on forever. Apparently, everyone else seems to think baseball is boring also because they had record lows in viewers for the World Series.P.S. If you don't think instant replay should be installed you need some help.

12. Rex Grossman 8

here we go AGAIN!

13. JHair

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SickVick7 @ Oct 29 2005, 05:40 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>P.S. If you don't think instant replay should be installed you need some help.</div> Agreed, *COUGH COUGH* WHITE SOX FANS *COUGH*

14. Rex Grossman 8

So what if the calls went their way.They won because they played better baseball then the Astros.Who cares about stupid ratings.

15. SickVick7

SickVick7 NFLC Banned

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kyle Orton 18 @ Oct 29 2005, 01:44 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>So what if the calls went their way.They won because they played better baseball then the Astros.Who cares about stupid ratings.</div>I'm not talking about the ratings for the White Sox. I'm saying in general, if the Yankees or Red Sox don't make it to the World Series the ratings go down and as you see here FOX got record low ratings.I mean lets be real here. How many of you guys watch the Yankees Red Sox playoff games(when they play each other in the playoffs) more than the World Series? I know I do. There's more drama and excitement.

16. Young Gun

Young Gun NFLC nflcentral.net Member

Stop complaning. And no, instant replay should not be added to the game. It would ruin it. It is one of the few things I hate about the NFL. They have officials on the field do a job, and do it right. You don't have instant replay in a business corporation. It is a job. Also, the Angels and Astros all had there chances to execute after the controversial calls. They have no excuse.

17. Young Gun

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SickVick7 @ Oct 29 2005, 02:55 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kyle Orton 18 @ Oct 29 2005, 01:44 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'> So what if the calls went their way.They won because they played better baseball then the Astros.Who cares about stupid ratings.</div>I'm not talking about the ratings for the White Sox. I'm saying in general, if the Yankees or Red Sox don't make it to the World Series the ratings go down and as you see here FOX got record low ratings.I mean lets be real here. How many of you guys watch the Yankees Red Sox playoff games(when they play each other in the playoffs) more than the World Series? I know I do. There's more drama and excitement. </div> Does it really matter if the ratings are down? Who the hell cares. Seriously. I know I don't. The don't watch the World Series if the Yankees are in it. They are not any more exciting than any other team in the playoffs. I hate the media and their whole obsession with the east coast. It is sickening.

18. SickVick7

SickVick7 NFLC Banned

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Young Gun @ Oct 30 2005, 02:30 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SickVick7 @ Oct 29 2005, 02:55 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kyle Orton 18 @ Oct 29 2005, 01:44 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'> So what if the calls went their way.They won because they played better baseball then the Astros.Who cares about stupid ratings.</div>I'm not talking about the ratings for the White Sox. I'm saying in general, if the Yankees or Red Sox don't make it to the World Series the ratings go down and as you see here FOX got record low ratings.I mean lets be real here. How many of you guys watch the Yankees Red Sox playoff games(when they play each other in the playoffs) more than the World Series? I know I do. There's more drama and excitement. </div>Does it really matter if the ratings are down? Who the hell cares. Seriously. I know I don't. The don't watch the World Series if the Yankees are in it. They are not any more exciting than any other team in the playoffs. I hate the media and their whole obsession with the east coast. It is sickening. </div>How can you even say the same amount of people watch the World Series and the Boston New York series'. There is so much more excitement when Boston comes to New York and vice versa. There's everything you could possibly want in a baseball series. (There's actual excitement in baseball [​IMG]) . Fighting, game winning home runs, HOF players. Second, how can you not think instant replay should be added? You say the refs are out their doing their job and getting it right? Are u nuts? They never get the call right. Why do you think everyone in this topic is arguing? Every call that shouldn't have went the White Sox way did. Refs are getting the calls right, GIVE ME A BREAK KID.

19. Young Gun

We won the World Series only because of the umpires. I guess if you say so. [​IMG]