Scottie Pippen..

Discussion in 'Detroit Pistons' started by mike18946, Jul 5, 2003.

1. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">The Chicago Bulls and the Detroit Pistons have made the strongest runs at free agent Scottie Pippen. Thus far, the Lakers are not heavily involved, though that could change if Payton's interest is cool If Payton declines their offer and they decide Pippen's health and age are too big a risk, the Lakers probably would turn to Tyronn Lue. </div>

I'm not sure what to make of this...if Joe knows he can't get howard then i guess this wouldn't be a bad signing..but still i'm not sure he is what we need...

2. jbbFranchise

jbbFranchise JBB JustBBall Member

scottie pippen is terrible now, he gets 20 mil to average 10ppg...i hope he takes a major paycut

3. Kid Canada

Kid Canada JBB Banned Member

Joe goes after everybody. Hes like Pat Quinn only basketball.

4. jbbFranchise

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "raptors21":</div><div class="quote_post">Joe goes after everybody. Hes like Pat Quinn only basketball.</div>

but joe actually gets the players, pat quinn always fails

5. Kid Canada

who has joe got? by free agency bill ups. Quinn is nt a GM any more tho. I thought he was good like joe.

6. olskoolfunktitude

olskoolfunktitude JBB The Pig Pirate

Pat Quinn got more than Joe. i think hes a little overrated as a GM

7. jbbFranchise

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "raptors21":</div><div class="quote_post">who has joe got? by free agency bill ups. Quinn is nt a GM any more tho. I thought he was good like joe.</div>

quinn had the money to get kariya, hatcher, and salane but he didnt...anyway he still is the GM, but they're trying to find a new one.

8. Kid Canada

yah but no one wants to sign big contract players because after next season there coud be a lock out.CBA is up.

9. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

Pippen brings in that doesn't show up on the box score..great leadership...great defence..he really got the blazers back in shape..when they were struggling..Joe D not only signed billups...but drafted okur,prince going to sign rip to a big deal....how dare you say pippen is terrible....he is the reason blazers made the playoffs

10. jbbFranchise

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "allnet":</div><div class="quote_post">Pippen brings in that doesn't show up on the box score..great leadership...great defence..he really got the blazers back in shape..when they were struggling..Joe D not only signed billups...but drafted okur,prince going to sign rip to a big deal....how dare you say pippen is terrible....he is the reason blazers made the playoffs</div>

i can say whatever i want about pippen i dont worship him, its not like the pistons need that much more defence, he wont bring any points to the board which is what they need, and leadership won't bring them to the finals, the group of guys they have there is almost perfect....look at his paycheck compared to his game...

11. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

Pippen is a legend...6 rings....has done it all...he deserves respect....the stuff he brings as i said don't show up on the box scores..that bring said i don't know if we need him...as we need post play..or a scorer

12. slamduncan21

slamduncan21 JBB JustBBall Member

Pippen was looking to go to a team where he could post up. he could benefit the Pistons. i dont think he's looking to go there though. I really want him back in Chicago. we need him

13. BeLikeMike

BeLikeMike JBB JustBBall Member

For me Pippen is the best SF defender ever. [​IMG]

14. Truemaster14

Truemaster14 JBB JustBBall Member

everyone on the pistons roster does stuff that doesent show up on the box score. thats why there such a week team. if ben wallace wasnt there they wouldnt have one more than 30 games. you people have the wrong idea about the pistons, there defense isnt the best in the league. on offense they control the clock, and give less possesions to the other team. therefore lowering the score, and when all of their backcourrt players get beat off the dribble ben wallace is usually there to bail them out. Thats why the pistons defense is so good. btw not really one player on there team is a good defender except ben wallace.

15. GatorsowntheNCAA

GatorsowntheNCAA Omaha Bound 2010!

micheal curry :roll:

16. Truemaster14

oh yeah i forgot about him

17. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

Weak team? get the hell out of here and learn some basketball...MY GOD...we were like 5 games above 500 without ben..granted we are better with him...but weak team? what does that make the rest of the teams in the east?

18. Truemaster14

yeah WEAK TEAM you guys got lucky to make it to the ECF, and if you guys didnt have been wallace you guys would have gave up close to 100 ppg last season. and you know that allnet

19. GatorsowntheNCAA

GatorsowntheNCAA Omaha Bound 2010!

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "truemaster14":</div><div class="quote_post">yeah WEAK TEAM you guys got lucky to make it to the ECF, and if you guys didnt have been wallace you guys would have gave up close to 100 ppg last season. and you know that allnet</div>

i agree with my fellow magic fan about the giving up close to 100 ppg and getting lucky to make it to the ECF. they aren't that weak of a team though. they are a good team.

20. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">yeah WEAK TEAM you guys got lucky to make it to the ECF</div>

What the hell are you on about? how the hell did we get lucky?we were the 1st seed..we deserved to get as far as we did... i should delete your worthless posts..they get dumber and dumber

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">and if you guys didnt have been wallace you guys would have gave up close to 100 ppg last season</div>

:roll: And if you didn't have mcgrady you would be in the lottery every year..so whats your point?