Seahawks are the best in the NFC clearly

Discussion in 'NFC West' started by Hawk, Nov 20, 2005.

1. Hawk

Hawk nfl-*****s member

They have the best record, they have the best offence, they have the best winning streak, they have a perfect division record for the first time in a long time. Carolina is with the pack of 7-3 NFC teams (TB, CHI, DAL, NYG) and the Hawks are ahead of all of them. Anyone who disagrees is ignorant.

EDIT: Okay, you're not ignorant so stop talking about that statement!

2. Vikings_4life

Vikings_4life nfl-*****s member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Hawk)</div><div class='quotemain'>Anyone who disagrees is ignorant.</div>

Oh yeah? Well, IMO, anyone who makes that bold of a statement about their team in a very good NFC, is ignorant. Don't get me wrong, the Seahawks are good, but they play in a pathetic division, and have benefited from a weak schedule so far.

3. Bearsfan1

Bearsfan1 2 Time Defending FF Champion

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Hawk)</div><div class='quotemain'>They have the best record, they have the best offence, they have the best winning streak, they have a perfect division record for the first time in a long time. Carolina is with the pack of 7-3 NFC teams (TB, CHI, DAL, NYG) and the Hawks are ahead of all of them. Anyone who disagrees is ignorant.</div>

Bears are better. Good defense beats good offense everytime, and bears have #1 defense, in yards and points. They are only one game back, have same winning streak, and started slower cuz they had rookie QB.

4. nflfan04

nflfan04 Dazed and Confused

i agree, the Bears D seems to good for anyone to get passed. they are the class of NFC and 2nd probably only to the Colts.

5. Wannab Favre

Wannab Favre nfl-*****s member

the Seahawks play well when they are ahead. They have nt really found themselves playing from behind this season, I think the bears are challenging the Seahawks for best in the NFC simply because they can stop the run and when you look at the Hawks, that is really all they can do, when alexander can't find holes, their passing game is useless due to no play action

6. bakes781

bakes781 nfl-*****s member

You just barely beat the 49ers & you're the kings of the NFC?

7. Cowboy71

Cowboy71 Dallas Cowboys *********

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Hawk)</div><div class='quotemain'>They have the best record, they have the best offence, they have the best winning streak, they have a perfect division record for the first time in a long time. Carolina is with the pack of 7-3 NFC teams (TB, CHI, DAL, NYG) and the Hawks are ahead of all of them. Anyone who disagrees is ignorant.</div>

I agree Hawk. Beating the 49ers by a hair is very impressive. [​IMG]

8. Wannab Favre

Wannab Favre nfl-*****s member

The 49ers have a knack for keeping some games close though. They are a poor team but they have kept some games close when the opposition were expected to blow them away.

Im not sticking up for Hawk though, if you want to proclaim yourself as the best of the NFC you must first beat the better teams in the NFC, i.e Bears New York etc.

9. Bearsfan1

Bearsfan1 2 Time Defending FF Champion

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bakes781)</div><div class='quotemain'>You just barely beat the 49ers & you're the kings of the NFC?</div>

For a man whose team won 3 championships playing every game close . . .

10. Hawk

Hawk nfl-*****s member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cowboy71)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Hawk)</div><div class='quotemain'>They have the best record, they have the best offence, they have the best winning streak, they have a perfect division record for the first time in a long time. Carolina is with the pack of 7-3 NFC teams (TB, CHI, DAL, NYG) and the Hawks are ahead of all of them. Anyone who disagrees is ignorant.</div>

I agree Hawk. Beating the 49ers by a hair is very impressive. [​IMG]</div>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bakes781)</div><div class='quotemain'>You just barely beat the 49ers & you're the kings of the NFC?</div>

Well that was because Ray Rhodes the Defensive Coordinator wasen't at the game because of his bad health but he'll probobly be back by the next game. Wow, I really fired up a lot of NFC people, too bad i'm the only Hawks fan on this site because if there was I woulden't be the only one that thinks the Hawks are the best in the NFC...i'm all alone. Anyway, next the Hawks face the Giants..

11. bakes781

Seahawks COULD be the best in the NFC, but your statement that we're all ignorant for disagreeing is what we're arguing.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BearsFan1)</div><div class='quotemain'>
    For a man whose team won 3 championships playing every game close . . .</div>

Last year we dominated almost every game with the exception of the SB itself.

12. Pats37

Pats37 The Next Big Thing

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bakes781)</div><div class='quotemain'>Seahawks COULD be the best in the NFC, but your statement that we're all ignorant for disagreeing is what we're arguing.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BearsFan1)</div><div class='quotemain'>
    For a man whose team won 3 championships playing every game close . . .</div>

Last year we dominated almost every game with the exception of the SB itself.</div>

I was hoping you said this Bakes..because I was going to.

As for the NFC..I'd have to say I like the Giants right now just because they have a very tough division compared to the bears and seahawks and have a much better balance than the bears do. This is my Top 5 in the NFC IMO.

NYG
    Bears
    Hawks
    Car
    TB

13. bakes781

No love for the Tuna?

14. Cowboy71

Cowboy71 Dallas Cowboys *********

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Hawk)</div><div class='quotemain'>too bad i'm the only Hawks fan on this site because if there was I woulden't be the only one that thinks the Hawks are the best in the NFC...i'm all alone. Anyway, next the Hawks face the Giants..</div>

The fact that you need Seahawks fans to back up your viewpoint should tell you that maybe the statement was too bold. I'm a Cowboys fan, but I don't think they are clearly the best in the NFC, even though they dominated Seattle for most of the game before giving them a gift of a win.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bakes781)</div><div class='quotemain'>Seahawks COULD be the best in the NFC, but your statement that we're all ignorant for disagreeing is what we're arguing.</div>

I'll second that. Seattle is very balanced, and Alexander is running great. That said, any of the playoff front-runners could beat them on a given day and it would not be a surprise at all.

15. Vikings_4life

Vikings_4life nfl-*****s member

I'd also like to see how Matt Hasselbeck would handle pressure from a big game in the playoffs. Like how the 2003 NFC Wild Card game played out. "We want the ball and we're going to score" LOL. Then he just throws a pick 6 to Al Harris.

16. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

Really???

So Pittsburgh of last year went 15-1 and they were the clear cut best of the AFC then. Oh wait they didn't win the Super Bowl. I'm not saying Seattle isn't the best but I'm not saying they are. Chicago has a very good defense to keep them in every game they play in. Carolina had a rough outing but that doesn't mean they are a joke. They have a complete team and at home could be dangerous. TB has a solid defense and will be in most games. Dallas is coming along fast. The Giants are sleepers as well. At the end of January or early Febuary we're no who the CLEAR CUT BEST is. Not now though.

17. vikingfan

vikingfan nfl-*****s member

I don't think I can claim the Bears or the Hawks are the best in the NFC. Then again, I don't think we can nominate any team as currently the best, especially with things changing as much as they are.

The Bears were very impressive yesterday IMO, and their defense does give them quite a nice advantage. If I were pressed, I would have to say that they are the favorites - right now. I still don't believe Orton can bring them to becoming NFC Champs.

18. Bleedblk&gld

Bleedblk&gld The Drive

The Bears are the better team right now.

The Giants and Cowboys are close.

19. Hawk

Hawk nfl-*****s member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (N_Burleson4life)</div><div class='quotemain'>I'd also like to see how Matt Hasselbeck would handle pressure from a big game in the playoffs. Like how the 2003 NFC Wild Card game played out. "We want the ball and we're going to score" LOL. Then he just throws a pick 6 to Al Harris.</div>

Yes I've had that moment embedded into my memory since he said that but to me it means he's a QB that really enjoys the game and thats good because then he'll probobly be around for awhile and get better and better with more experience.

20. Hawk

Hawk nfl-*****s member

Schedule Analysis:

Seahawks Schedule:

12 | Sun, Nov 27 NY Giants - Game
    13 | Mon, Dec 5 at Philadelphia - Game
    14 | Sun, Dec 11 San Francisco - Gimmie
    15 | Sun, Dec 18 at Tennessee - Gimmie
    16 | Sat, Dec 24 Indianapolis - Game
    17 | Sun, Jan 1 at Green Bay - Gimmie

The seahawks remaining schedule sucks for determining who's better in the NFC because the only 7-3 NFC team they face is the New York Giants which is the next game. The Seahawks can easily go 12-4 which is good enough for a first round bye.

Panthers Schedule:

12 | Sun, Nov 27 at Buffalo - Gimmie
    13 | Sun, Dec 4 Atlanta - Game
    14 | Sun, Dec 11 Tampa Bay - Game
    15 | Sun, Dec 18 at New Orleans - Gimmie
    16 | Sat, Dec 24 Dallas - Game
    17 | Sun, Jan 1 at Atlanta - Game

Now the Panthers are going to face TWO 7-3 teams but the hardest game will be the Falcons on the road IMO. The Falcons are a decent team and will get a wild-card.

Bears Schedule:

12 | Sun, Nov 27 at Tampa Bay - Game
    13 | Sun, Dec 4 Green Bay - Gimme
    14 | Sun, Dec 11 at Pittsburgh - Game
    15 | Sun, Dec 18 Atlanta - Game
    16 | Sun, Dec 25 at Green Bay - Gimme
    17 | Sun, Jan 1 at Minnesota - Gimmie

Easiest schedule, will get a first round bye, Panthers a wild-card spot.