Season opener at home VS Oakland.

Discussion in 'AFC North' started by Send em back al, Apr 14, 2004.

1. Send em back al

Send em back al nfl-*****s member

The more things change... A game for the ages?

September 12, 1PM Eastern...

My prediction is that I will be watching the game. Other than that... I'll get back to you.

2. Steelerfan_2005

Steelerfan_2005 The Peacekeeper XL

How does that happen? Home opener vs. Oakland, then on the road to Baltimore and then Miami... Oh it's going to be a rough start.

3. The Return of the Raider

The Return of the Raider Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Steelerfan_2003)</div><div class='quotemain'>How does that happen? Home opener vs. Oakland, then on the road to Baltimore and then Miami... Oh it's going to be a rough start.</div>

I think that it had much to do with the way the two teams played last season. The Buffalo and Pittsburgh were the two "variable" games that the Raiders had for this year.

I think it's a great week 1 matchup, and both teams will surely need all the extra time to game plan for each other given all the changes this offseason.

4. Thoth

Thoth Sisyphus in training

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (The Return of the Raider)</div><div class='quotemain'>I think that it had much to do with the way the two teams played last season. The Buffalo and Pittsburgh were the two "variable" games that the Raiders had for this year.</div>

The variable games are against the teams that placed the same in the 2 divisions that don't play inter-conference. I don't think that made sense. What I am trying to say is the Steelers finished 3rd in the north last year. So, they would play all the East and the third place teams in the west & south (Oakland & Houston (?)).