Season preview and expectation thread

Discussion in 'New York Rangers' started by kreidertime, Aug 15, 2017.

1. kreidertime

kreidertime Well-Known Member

Should be an interesting team this year. Top 4 on D is stout. I pray AV doesn't screw over Graves but I get the feeling it's going that way. Holden is good as a bottom pair guy but they really need to move him. I would like to see Graves up this year but I think next year he comes up. McDonagh will be dealt in the off-season for a boat load. Holden will be out. Staal will be bought out if he can't be dealt after this season. D this year

McDonagh-Shatty
    Skjei-Smith
    Staal-Bereglazov/DeAngelo

Next year. They go super young

Skjei-Shatty
    Smith-Zborovskiy
    Graves-DeAngelo

Forwards this year. Very rare for Rangers to stick with an 18 year old. Andersson makes the team as a third liner. He's everything thickhead AV loves.

Kreider-Zibanejad-Nash
    Miller-Hayes-Grabner
    Vesey-Andersson-Zucc
    Fast-Nieves-Buch

Not a fan of Nieves but on the 4th line, I can live with his ass. No need to rush Buch. I would give him first unit PP time all year. Let him flourish on that unit with his skill. Give him less minutes at even strength till he fills out his frame. I am super high on Vesey. He showed something in the playoffs. His game should be much improved. I like that third line a lot. People getting all worried about the third line center. Andersson will be fine there. He plays like he's 25 from all scouting reports. Next year Gropp should make the team. I still say they make a strong effort to trade for Lindberg after he sucks for Vegas after 40 games which I'm sure he will

2. Ranger71

Ranger71 Well-Known Member

That would be something if Andersson is ready to go as an 18 y/o but he certainly seems to have the makeup for it. If they get Kerfoot he would push for a spot with Nieves. Don't forget Desharnais is the 3/4C. Still might like to see them move Holden in a Bozak deal. Should be a fun camp with the defenseman vying for spots.

3. kreidertime

kreidertime Well-Known Member

Wasn't a fan of the Desharnais move from the second they made it. We don't need a smurf at center.