Season projections

Discussion in 'New York Rangers' started by kreidertime, Sep 30, 2019.

1. kreidertime

kreidertime Well-Known Member

After watching the pre-season, I think this team is still one year away. I remember during the Hank years all the young two way forwards took till year three to lift the team. Young defenseman took 2-3 years as well to mature. You have Andersson, Howden and Lemieux just getting comfortable. I think Kakko will do well on the PP but probably not be big at even strength. Mostly because he won't have a real good center yet on the second line. Buchevich is only now figuring some things out. DeAngelo, Fox and probably Lindgren all need to improve. Parnarin's line and the PP would have to be huge and consistent to squeak in the playoffs.

I think the Islanders stink this year. They played way over their head last year. The Devils might have a pretty good regular season. However, they aren't built in anyway for the post season because their defenseman stink. If Hall stays healthy all year, he should carry them during the regular season.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2019
  2. Ranger71

Ranger71 Well-Known Member

I'd think the Rangers and Devils end close in points with both missing the cut this year. Columbus taking a few steps back may help but Florida and the Isles likely sneak in as WC.

3. kreidertime

The Islanders will suck. They have a bunch of guys get fat cat, contracts. Expect them to dog it.

4. Ranger71

Kakko takes his regular jersey #24.

5. kreidertime

I don't expect much from Kakko with no 1st PP time and no big second center. However, I'm sure that idiot Buchnevich will blow his first line spot then things with Kakko will be different.

6. Ranger71

I think Kakko will be on the 1st PP, if not right away then within a few weeks. I'll say he ends with 22g and 50 pts.

7. Greyvtrayn

Greyvtrayn Well-Known Member

The thing I would be most shocked about is if any player remains where he is placed on the initial lineup for the entire year. There are always non-injury related changes that happen regularly, forget about the inevitable injuries. Just because one guy is on a certain line at the start of the year doesn't mean they're relegated to that role the entire year.

8. RangersFan

RangersFan Well-Known Member

With Chytil and Kravtsov in the AHL to start the season, my concern is scoring depth. Howden and Fast are 10-15 goal guys at best. Names is a 15 goal guy. That is not much production for your 3rd line (I have always thought Fast was at his best when he's on the 4th line). The Lemieux/Andersson/Smith line won't score that much either, so that leaves us short on goal scoring I believe.

Starting those two kids in the minors was the right move for now I believe, but for us to be a solid team we need those two to step up and be with the big club sooner rather than later. With them added we'll have a potent 3 lines, then we can focus on an improved D hopefully raising their game.

9. kreidertime

I thought the Devils would be good in the regular season. My God they suck. All Subban cares about is blond, ski bush. His career is over. They actually have a lot of role playing pieces they could get decent picks for at the deadline. Problem is their entire scouting staff sucks moose dong.

10. Greyvtrayn

Greyvtrayn Well-Known Member

in 119 games with the Rangers, Kevin Shattenkirk score seven goals (7). SEVEN! He already has 3 goals this year with TB.
    Please join me in wishing Kevin Shattenkirk a "GO FUCK YOURSELF YOU FUCKING SACK OF SHIT".

mrmel29 likes this.