Season thread

Discussion in 'New York Rangers' started by kreidertime, Dec 18, 2020.

1. kreidertime

kreidertime Well-Known Member

Hopefully players and coaches stay healthy. I think it won't be long before thickhead Quinn realizes Buchnevich should not be on the top 2 lines over Kakko and Lafreniere. I expect Kakko to be a ton better this year. To me the key to the season is Chytil. He needs to win at least 45% from the circle and be on a 40-50 point pace. Time for him to breakout now as a third year guy.

2. Ranger71

Ranger71 Well-Known Member

Hopefully Howden can take a bigger step forward in his 3rd year, as that could be a key to their ceiling. Then again, if he does he likely will get selected by Seattle, unless they see something in Hajek.

3. kreidertime

Buchnevich will be selected if they don't trade his dumbass and they don't protect him. Or Lemieux. Rangers have very few players eligible for the expansion draft because they are so young. So, they won't have much of a problem with that.

4. Ranger71

Ranger71 Well-Known Member

With no preseason the first time we'll see the new guys is in the first game which will be that much more exciting. Barron is going to be a Kreider-lite i think with all the training in Ct. he's doing.

SaveLundy likes this.
  5. kreidertime

Can't wait to see Barron. If Barron turns out to be what I think he will and a kid like Richards is an elite 4th line center winning a ton of his draws, Howden will be a guy they might deal. I don't think Gorton is going to lose a player to the expansion draft that he thinks can get him a good pick or prospect. Brooks at this point is a complete imbecile on this team. Guy is lost and useless. Shame the old fart is keeping a young writer from getting a job that actually will get off his butt and be on top of the team and it's prospects.

6. panzerporter

panzerporter Well-Known Member

Finally starting a season without awful Marc Staal, that alone excites me. 56 games no preseason, Let's Go Rangers!

mrmel29 likes this.