Seattle vs Indiana

Discussion in 'Oklahoma City Thunder' started by Sir Desmond, Nov 13, 2003.

1. Sir Desmond

Sir Desmond JBB Stig!

Seattle vs Indiana Preview

Details:

Who: <font color="DarkGreen">Seattle Sonics</font> (5-1) vs <font color="Navy">Indiana Pacers</font>(6-2)
    Where: Conseco Fieldhouse, Indiana
    When: Fri Nov 14, 4:30pm
    TV: Kong

Projected Lineups:

Seattle
    PG: Brent Barry/Antonio Daniels/Luke Ridnour
    SG: Ronald Murray/Brent Barry/Richie Frahm
    SF: Rashard Lewis/Ansu Sesay/Vladimir Radmanovic
    PF: Vladimir Radmanovic/Reggie Evans/Vitaly Potapenko
    C: Calvin Booth/Jerome James/Vitaly Potapenko

Coached by Nate McMillan

Indiana
    PG: Kenny Anderson/Jamaal Tinsley/Anthony Johnson
    SG: Reggie Miller/Fred Jones/Ron Artest
    SF: Ron Artest/Al Harrington/Austin Croshere
    PF: Jermaine O'Neal/Al Harrington/Austin Croshere
    C: Jeff Foster/Scot Pollard/Jermaine O'Neal

Coached by Rick Carlisle

Sonic Injury List:
    Ray Allen: ankle, expected to miss 5-7 more weeks.
    Nick Collison: shoulder, season.

Pacer Injury List
    Jonathon Bender: knee, on IL.
    James Jones: on IL.
    Jamison Brewer: on IL.

Analysis:
    It's first in the East against first in the West in this one, and both teams have endured hot starts to the season. Indiana were cooled down a bit by Boston on Wednesday night, whereas Seattle come in 2-0 so far on a four game roadtrip. For the Pacers, the star of the show has been Ron Artest who is showing he can do it on the offensive end too, while for the Sonics it was a timely return to form for Vladimir Radmanovic, who had 10 clutch points in the last quarter of a win over Milwaukee.

Key Factor:
    Jermaine O'Neal. Seattle's interior deficiencies have been well documented, and O'Neal reigns as one of the premier low post scorers in the league. If it comes down to a battle of the guards and swingmen then Seattle have the edge, but if O'Neal starts to dominate then Jerome James and Calvin Booth will likely be in early foul trouble, leaving the Sonics thin on ther inside. Vladimir Radmanovic will likely have first crack at O'Neal, as he is Seattle's best low post defender.

Key Matchup: Rashard Lewis vs Ron Artest
    If Lewis thought battling Kevin Garnett was hard, then he will get a shock on Friday night. Artest will take Lewis from the tipoff, and will test his new found aggression and bulk with pesky and hardnosed defense. Lewis likes to score early to get his confidence up, but he will have a hard time against Artest who will not give him an inch. On the other end, Lewis will have to keep his concentration up as Artest is averaging 20ppg and proving himself a very capable inside/outside marksman. If Lewis can get hot, the Sonics stand a very good chance of winning, but if Artest shuts him down then Seattle's offense isn't nearly as potent.

X-Factors:

Seattle
    Luke Ridnour - The perfect player to exploit an ageing Indiana backcourt, Ridnour will up the tempo when he comes into the game and get Seattle's runners involved. Indiana are quite a large team, so Ridnour could be the key to scoring quick baskets and exploiting the Pacers' lack of fast guards.

Indiana
    Jeff Foster - A terrific rebounder and underrated inside scorer, Foster could do some damage against the Sonics. Foster will battle Reggie Evans for control of the glass, and his size and strength may cause Seattle's interior a few problems. He is especially potent on the offensive boards, meaning Seattle won't be able to focus solely on Jermaine O'Neal inside.

2. Quyen

Quyen JBB JustBBall Member

thanx for all the info...I thought I would have to listen to the radio again...graphic image is always better lol...what would I do in the 20's....haha...I hope Shard can keep up with Artest...I almost voted him for the (SF) thing in the poll, but u know...there's always better players...

3. Quyen

Quyen JBB JustBBall Member

101-78 I think...23 pts ahead...pretty dam shame. 5-2 now. I'll bet Sir Desmond will cover up this job since I don't wanna do the dirty work...lol!

4. Sir Desmond

Sir Desmond JBB Stig!

Anada, I think we'll just leave this one as it is....Ugly, ugly basketball. You know you're weak inside when you get dominated by Jeff Foster.